Western Massachusetts Electric (Eversource Energy) Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
The Western Massachusetts Electric Company (WMECo) is a subsidiary of Eversource Energy (previously known as Northeast Utilities). Eversource Energy is a holding company headquartered in Hartford and Boston, for other utility companies in the New England area of the United States. Other subsidiaries include Connecticut Light and Power (CL&P), NSTAR Gas, NSTAR Electric, Public Service Company of New Hampshire (PSNH), and the Yankee Gas Services Company (Yankee Gas).
About Western Massachusetts Electric
In total, Eversource Energy has over 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. While both electric and gas services are provided in Connecticut and eastern Massachusetts, they only offer electric utility in Western Massachusetts.
Western Mass Electric provides power to over 210,000 people in over 69 cities and towns, including Springfield, Chicopee, and Holyoke, among others.
Here’s how Western Mass Electric’s payment system works, along with everything you need to know about their electricity rates.
General Payment Information for Western Mass Electric Users
All Western Mass Electric customers are free to choose who supplies their electricity. While Western Mass Electric delivers it, other electric suppliers in the service area can supply it to the customers.
Eversource Energy has partnered with several supply companies such as Constellation Energy, Public Power, and Verde Energy. Each energy supplier has different rates and plans you can choose from.
Here’s a complete list of the electric service suppliers and their rates.
(Insert Dynamic Rates Table)
However, your energy bill will go towards Western Mass Electric (Eversource Energy).
You can get a summary of electric rates approved by the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities here.
If you want to learn more about Eversource Energy’s rates and tariffs, you can go here.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are six ways to pay your Western Mass Electric (Eversource Energy) bill. You can change your payment method at any time.
- Online: Sign in with your Eversource user ID and password online and pay your bill. You can pay using your bank account or a credit/debit card. You may also make a one-time payment, however, fees may apply to credit card payments.
- Auto Pay: You can set up auto payments, and your monthly bill will automatically be deducted from your bank account each month.
- Pay by Phone: You can make a payment by phone; the automated phone line is available 24/7.
- In-Person: You can pay your bill at an authorized participating location in the service territory. However, keep in mind that due to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), some locations may be temporarily unavailable.
- Pay by Mail: You can send a check or money order via US mail.
- By Mobile: You can also check your balances and pay your bill using text messages. Here’s how to do it.
You can learn more about the payment methods here. You can also call the customer service number for more information.
Does Western Mass Electric Have Payment Plan Options?
Western Mass Electric (Eversource Energy) has several payment plan options for different customers. Here are seven payment programs they currently offer.
- Payment Plan: You can pay off past due balance or any missed payments with no additional interest. You can learn more here.
- Budget Billing: You can avoid seasonal spikes in your bill and manage it better using Budget Billing. You will be paying a fixed amount every month that is calculated using your average annual energy use. You can learn more about it here.
- New Start: If you can make timely monthly payments, you can eliminate portions of overdue balances with this program. You can learn more about it here.
- Discount Rate: You can receive a discount on your monthly energy bills and save money. You can view the details and check if you’re eligible here.
- Fuel Assistance: You can get financial assistance with your utility bills if your total gross income is at or below 60-percent of the state median income. You can learn more about it here.
- Good Neighbor Energy Fund: You can apply for the Salvation Army’s Good Neighbor Energy Fund if you’re having trouble paying energy bills. You can learn more here.
- Energy Efficiency: You may be eligible to receive several no-cost energy efficiency improvements. You can learn more here.
You can also apply for community action programs that address the needs of low-income households. You can learn more about them here.
How to Lower Your Western Mass Electric Power Bill
Every Western Mass Electric customer is free to choose their electric supplier. Eversource Energy is in the process of doing business with several other suppliers – you can learn more about it here.
Alternatively, you can use Arbor’s TrueRate Protection; it’s the easiest way to check if you’re getting the best rate against the Price to Compare.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area with Western Mass Electric (Eversource Energy).
You can use the calculator to find out how much you’ll be saving with each supplier.
Western Mass Electric Account Setup
To set up your Western Mass Electric (Eversource Energy) account, you need to register on Eversource Energy’s website.
Follow these steps to set up your new account.
- Go to the following link and fill out each field.
- Enter your personal information, including your full name, email, and your mobile number.
- Enter a unique user ID and password.
- Check the Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Register.’
- You will receive your credentials in your email.
You can log in using your user ID here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
If you’re facing a power outage or any problems with power lines, you should immediately report it here. You can make the report using your account number, phone number, or with your online ID.
If you’re wondering what areas of the national grid are affected by power outages, you can check out the outage map. It would be best if you also tried to familiarize yourself with outage safety measures.
Western Mass Electric Customer Service
Western Mass Electric (Eversource Energy) has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact page to make general inquiries.
- You can upload a document securely to avoid mailing it from here.
- You can set up outage alerts from here.
It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Western Mass Electric Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is the general contact information.
- Western Mass Electric (Eversource Energy) Residential Customer Service – 877-659-6326
- For Hearing/Speech Impaired – 800-221-1341
- Business Customer Service – 888-783-6610
- Bill Payment – 888-783-6618
- Mailing Address – Eversource, PO Box 270, Hartford, CT 06141-0270
- Mailing Address for Payments – Eversource, P.O. Box 56005, Boston, MA 02205-6005
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.