Eversource Connecticut (CT) Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
Eversource Connecticut is an energy utility company that serves over 3.7 million residential and general customers. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, the power company provides utilities to electricity and natural gas customers in several regions, including Hartford, New England, New Hampshire, Springfield, Berlin, Stamford, and the Massachusetts service territory. This article explains how the Eversource CT bill payment system works, as well as how to set up and manage your Eversource CT electric utility and natural gas account.
General Payment Information for Eversource CT Users
The current Price to Compare (default supply price) for Eversource utilities is $0.737 per kWh for electric transmission and $0.188 per therm for natural gas supply. In case you choose one of the competitive energy companies in the area, you may receive better pricing, uninterrupted delivery, and high-quality service. However, there is no guarantee that you will save money on the total energy costs for utilities, or lower your overall gas and electric bill amounts.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are four ways you can pay your Eversource CT power bill.
- Online: You can make online payments through a checking account/credit card via an Eversource CT online account. If you have opted into AutoPay, the payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account. You can also pay online as a guest profile.
- Pay by Phone: You can call Eversource CT at 888-783-6618 to make payments directly through your bank account, or with a credit/debit card.
- In-Person: You can pay in-person at authorized bill payment locations and service centers in your area.
- Mail: You can mail your payment via check or money order (payable to Eversource CT).
For more information on each payment method, click here.
Eversource customers can purchase a deregulated electricity and natural gas plan from one of the several energy delivery companies in that region. Their selected suppliers will then work with Eversource CT, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities to maintain energy efficiency, provide clean energy, offer lower delivery charges, and prevent interruptions in energy service delivery.
Does Eversource CT Have Payment Plan Options?
Eversource CT offers several ways to pay your utility bills. These include debit card payments, credit card payments, bank drafts, in-person payments, payments via mail, and phone payments.
Additionally, they provide two different payment options for residential customers to choose from:
- Budget Billing – You can convert your variable billing into a fixed monthly payment based on your past annual utility usage.
- Payment Assistance – You can choose from several assistance programs to help pay your bills and save energy. These include the Electric Assistance Program (EAP) and the (location-based) Neighbor Helping Neighbor program.
Furthermore, Eversource CT hosts various community action programs and provides home energy assessment services for customers undergoing financial hardship. Charitable agencies in the Eversource coverage areas regularly assist families in paying off their existing and/or past bills and provide guidance on more efficient energy use.
How to Lower Your Eversource CT Bill
Deregulated energy plans allow customers to choose from several rates from multiple competitive energy distributors and suppliers. Check the ‘Price to Compare’ — the default rate offered by Eversource CT — and compare it with licensed electricity supplier prices.
Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service is the best way to ensure that you always pay the lowest rate against your current ‘Price to Compare.’
For example, Eversource CT's current electricity Price to Compare is 7.37 cents per kilowatt-hour. Arbor scans the electricity utility markets for the best rates and will find lower rates than your current supplier’s price. When your term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case. Electricity payments can be complicated, that's why a lot of people trust Arbor to manage their electricity service, so they end up saving on their energy bills.
Eversource CT Account Setup
To set up your online account, you need to register online on Eversource.com.
Follow these steps to set up your account:
- Open the link in a safe browser and provide your personal information.
- Set a User ID and password for your new online account.
- Verify the information and click on 'Register'.
After your account has been set up, you can choose to sign up for the paperless eBill and AutoPay, which lets you connect a bank account to your Eversource CT account for automatic monthly payment deduction. You can maintain your account through the convenient Eversource CT mobile app.
Eversource CT Login Account
Once your Eversource CT account is up and running, you can log in here.
In case you’re moving to a new residence, you can apply to transfer your service to the new address. To do that, simply apply to move the energy supply service to a new address on the Eversource CT website, or by calling 800-340-9822.
To start, stop and/or transfer your service to a new address, click here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
In case you experience a power outage or see a downed power line, vacate the area immediately and call 1-800-286-2000. If you smell gas or see a damaged gas line, call 877-944-5325.
You can also contact emergency services if you have medical concerns pertaining to the coronavirus pandemic or special home safety needs regarding an outage.
Eversource CT Customer Service
Eversource CT Energy has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact Us page to make general inquiries via an online form.
- Call the dedicated emergency contact number (800-662-7764) for rapid emergency response.
The dedicated emergency hotline is the best way to alert the supplier in case you experience a power outage or see damaged electric/gas lines.
Eversource CT Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information:
- Eversource CT Energy Company – 800-662-7764.
- Mailing Address – For bill payments: Eversource, P.O. Box 56007, Boston, MA 02205-6007. For general inquiries: Eversource, PO Box 330, Manchester, NH 03105-0330.
To avoid any confusion, use your registered number when calling any of the numbers above.