WGL Energy Services: Compare Rates and Prices Fast
WGL Energy Services, Inc., is a subsidiary of WGL Holdings, Inc., along with WGL Midstream, Washington Gas, Hampshire Gas, and WGL Energy Systems, Inc. All of these companies became the subsidiaries of AltaGas Ltd (TSX: ALA), one of the largest energy companies in the United States. Headquartered in Washington DC, WGL Energy Services provides electricity, natural gas supply, renewable energy, and carbon reduction solutions in various US states.
WGL Energy Services Service Areas
WGL Energy Services serves the people of several states in the service area of twelve utility companies:
- Delmarva Power: Delmarva Power provides energy delivery services in the Delmarva Peninsula in much of the state of Delaware and the Eastern Shore region of Maryland.
- BGE: Baltimore Gas and Electric’s service area covers Baltimore City and ten central Maryland counties.
- Met-Ed: Metropolitan Edison provides energy delivery services in Lancaster, Cumberland, and Northampton counties, among others.
- Duquesne Light: Their service area includes the Allegheny and Beaver counties in Pennsylvania.
- PECO: PECO Energy provides energy delivery services in Montgomery, Bucks, and Delaware.
- Penelec: Penelec provides electric utility services in central and northern Pennsylvania.
- Penn Power Company: Penn Power’s service area includes the Allegheny, Butler, Beaver, Lawrence, Crawford, and Mercer counties of western Pennsylvania.
- West Penn Power: West Penn Power’s service area includes central and southwestern Pennsylvania, including Clinton, Elk, and Washington county, among others.
- PEPCO: PEPCO provides electric service in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
- Potomac Edison: Potomac Edison’s service area includes part of Maryland and West Virginia.
- PPL Electric Utilities: PPL Electric provides utility services to 29 Pennsylvanian counties in central and eastern Pennsylvania.
- SMECO: The Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative provides electric service to the Charles, St. Mary’s, Prince George’s, and Calvert counties of Maryland.
You can find all WGL Energy Services energy plans in every utility company’s service area.
WGL Energy Services Plans and Rates
WGL Energy Services offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are three types of energy plans all WGL Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans have the same electric rates throughout the length of your plan, regardless of your energy usage. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: The energy costs in variable-rate plans depend on the energy market and the price of retail electricity. You will be paying more if electricity demand is high, and when demand is low, you’ll be paying less.
- Green Energy Plans: At least some part of the retail energy from WGL Energy Services plans come from renewable sources, the leading source being wind power. Green power helps reduce your carbon footprint; carbon offsets help in offering better energy solutions.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
WGL Energy Services Energy Plan Information
You can find most of the plan information on your energy supplier’s website; however, it’s best to read the fine print before making a decision. You should keep a lookout for additional information, including the following:
- The price per megawatt-hour (MWh) depending on energy usage (for commercial customers and small business owners)
- The price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage (for residential customers)
- Cancelation fees
- Early termination fees
- Percentage of energy sourced from renewable sources
Switching to another competitive electricity supply company is easy. Other charges in your electric bill include your local utility company charges; they include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why WGL Energy Services for Retail Electricity
WGL Energy Services offers a full spectrum of energy offerings, features, and incentives, including the following:
- Wide variety of fixed and variable-rate plans
- Relatively simple billing options
- Friendly energy technology solutions
- Product innovations and energy efficiency solutions for homes
- Renewable energy sourcing
- Mobile app for residential customers
You can make your WGL Energy Services account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Deregulation in various US states has allowed residents to choose from several electricity providers while a federal agency regulates their standard rates.
Some electric providers offer low rates, while others offer average rates with incentives and benefits, making it hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
WGL Energy Services Reviews
You can view WGL Energy Services’ Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get an idea of their services. WGL Energy Services has been accredited since 2012 and has an A+ rating.
However, customer reviews average on about 1/5. While WGL Energy answers most customer queries, many customers have complained that their issues remain unresolved.
WGL Energy Services Customer Service
There are several customer service options with WGL Energy Services.
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries.
- Send an email to WGL Energy Services using this online form.
- You can follow WGL Energy Services on Twitter and LinkedIn to receive news and updates.
- For power outages, contact your local utility company.
It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
WGL Energy Services Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- WGL Energy Services Customer Care – 1-844-427-5945
- Headquarters – 1-703-333-3900
- Mailing Address – WGL Energy - Customer Care Center, P.O. Box 1997, Chesapeake, VA 23327-9902
- Address – WGL Energy – Headquarters, 8614 Westwood Center DR, Suite 1200, Vienna, VA 22182-2260
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number