Vectren Energy Delivery Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
The Vectren Corporation (NYSE: VVC) was an energy holding company that was headquartered in Evansville, Indiana. They were in the business of electricity and natural gas distribution to customers in Indiana and Ohio. However, the company merged and is now a subsidiary of Centerpoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CNP), one of the biggest energy services companies in the United States.
About Vectren Energy
Vectren Energy Delivery is now headquartered in Houston, Texas. According to former CEO Carl Chapman and company annual reports, Vectren Energy is divided into different entities. These include Vectren Energy Delivery of Indiana (North and South) and Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio. In total, they deliver energy and gas to over 1 million people in central Ohio and two-thirds of Indiana.
Here’s how Vectren Energy’s payment system works, along with everything you need to know about their electric rates.
General Payment Information for Vectren Energy Delivery Users
All Vectren Energy customers are free to choose who supplies their energy. Each energy supplier provides different rates, plans, and offers that change monthly.
According to the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio, for natural gas utilities, there is always a ‘Standard Choice Offer.’ That acts as a ‘Price to Compare’ so you can compare the rates offered by Vectren Energy with those provided by energy or natural gas suppliers.
You can learn more about the residential customer rates for both gas and electric utility here.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are four ways to pay your Vectren Energy bill. You can change your payment method at any time.
- Online: You will need your Vectren Energy Delivery account number to pay online. Once you’re online and logged in, you can pay directly from your bank account or with a credit/debit card.
- In-Person: You can pay your bill at an authorized third-party paysite using cash or your debit/credit card; you can find all the paysites here. Keep in mind that some paysites may be temporarily unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Pay by Mail: You can send a check or money order by mail payable to Vectren. Allow five days for delivery and select the mailing address according to your Vectren service area.
- By Automatic Payments: If you sign up for automatic payments, your bill will automatically be deducted from your bank account or credit/debit card each month. You can learn more about it here.
To learn more about making payments, you can go here.
Does Vectren Energy Have Payment Plan Options?
Vectren Energy has several payment plan options for different residential customers and commercial customers. Here are seven payment programs they currently offer.
- Due Date Extension: Vectren Energy provides a one-time due data extension for customers who qualify so you can avoid late payment fees. You can apply for the program online via your account or call a Vectren Energy representative.
- Payment Arrangement: You can enroll in the payment arrangement program so you can pay your total bill in smaller increments over time. Usually, there are bi-weekly installments, and all the due dates are listed in your bill. You can enroll in the program online or by calling a representative.
- Energy Bill Assistance: You can apply for help from the Energy Assistance Program (EAP) or the Universal Service Program (USP). You can find more information here.
- Home Weatherization: Vectren Energy offers home weatherization programs to qualifying households so they can get energy efficiency upgrades. That may be in the form of renewable energy, smart thermostats, and other infrastructure services. You can find more information here.
- Donation Programs: You can contribute to two programs, Share the Warmth and Gift of Energy, through which you can pay for someone else’s energy bill. You can learn more here.
- Rebates: You can get rebates for installing energy-efficient equipment in your homes. You can find more information here.
- Budget Billing: Budget billing allows you to divide your annual bill by 12 and pay the same amount each month. You can learn more here.
You can learn more about payment plans and billing here.
How to Lower Your Vectren Energy Power Bill
Citizens of Indiana and Ohio are free to choose their energy suppliers. You can negotiate delivery schedules, secure favorable rates, and have the flexibility to alter preferences. You learn more about it here.
Arbor’s TrueRate Protection is the easiest way to check if you’re getting the best rate against the Price to Compare (Standard Choice Offer).
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area with Vectren Energy.
You can use the calculator to find out how much you’ll be saving with each supplier.
Vectren Energy Account Setup
To set up your Vectren Energy account, you need to register on Vectren Energy’s website.
Follow these steps to set up your new account.
- If you want to make a new account and start a new service, go here and enter your ZIP code and tick the appropriate fields.
- Click continue and enter your full name, Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth, email address, phone number, and bill delivery preferences.
- Enter your complete service address (landlord name and phone number if you’re renting).
- Enter the service start date, inside-access instruction, contact details, and any relevant pet information.
- After you’re done, to create an account, go to the Vectren Account Login site and click on ‘Register.’
- Enter your email address, a password, your full name, your Vectren account number, and your account type (residential or non-residential).
- You’ll receive a confirmation email soon that will verify all the information.
- You’ll then receive your login details.
You can log in using your email address here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
If you’re facing a power outage or gas leak, you should immediately report it here. You can report via text message, call, by address, or using your account number. Here are some tips for storm safety.
If you’re wondering what service territories are affected by outages or if related services (such as pipeline safety) are affected, you can check out the outage map.
Vectren Energy Customer Service
Vectren Energy has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact page to make general inquiries.
- Send them a message online from here.
- Follow Vectren Energy on Twitter to receive updates. You can also find out about power outages through their Twitter page.
- You can report outages via text message by texting ‘OUT’ to 83212.
- To report energy theft, go here.
It’s always best to go through the FAQs before moving on to contacting a representative.
Vectren Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Vectren Energy’s Customer Service – 1-800-227-1376
- For Information on Rebates – 1-866-240-8476
- Mailing Address for Payments (Southwestern Indiana) – CenterPoint Energy, P.O. Box 2006, Houston, TX 77210-2006
- Mailing Address for Payments (Central/Northern Indiana) – CenterPoint Energy, P.O. Box 1423, Houston, TX 77251-1423
- Mailing Address for Payments (Ohio) – CenterPoint Energy, P.O. Box 4849, Houston, TX 77210-4849
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.