UGI Penn Natural Gas Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
UGI Penn Natural Gas is a part of UGI Utilities, a subsidiary of the holding company UGI corporation (NYSE & NASDAQ: UGI). The UGI Corporation is a natural gas, electric generation, and related services distribution company headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.
About UGI Penn Natural Gas
UGI has extensive operations in the United States and Europe, with a market cap of $6.59B. Other subsidies of UGI include AmeriGas Partners (AmeriGas Propane), AvantiGas, Antar, UGI International (LPG distributor), and UGI Energy Services, LLC (Midstream and markets energy products). They also have assets in the Marcellus Shale.
The company is also known for its charitable initiatives. For example, the UGI Corporation leadership team and board members, including the Chief Executive Officer, John L. Walsh, made donations to food banks. According to Business Wire, that led to a matching donation to Philabundance after the Satell Institute added their contribution.
In this article, we’ll focus on UGI Penn Natural Gas’s payment system and everything you need to know about their gas rates.
General Payment Information for UGI Penn Natural Gas Users
All UGI customers are free to choose who supplies their gas. All supplier utility companies offer different rates and plans that you can compare with the ‘Price to Compare.’
The Price to Compare is the price of gas supply if you don’t choose another supplier. You can learn more about the Price to Compare here.
After comparing the rates offered by other suppliers with the Price to Compare, customers can choose the plan and supplier that works best for them.
You can learn more about your gas supplier choice here.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are six ways to pay your UGI bill. You can change your payment method at any time.
- Online: You can pay your bill online from the Online Account Center. You can pay using a debit/credit card or your bank account.
- Quick Pay with Bank Account: You can pay directly from your bank account. You’ll need your UGI account number, ZIP code, and the routing and account number for your bank account.
- AutoPay: Your monthly gas bill will automatically be deducted from your bank account every month with AutoPay. You can learn more here.
- In-Person: You can pay your bill at an authorized pay site or CheckFreePay location. However, keep in mind that some of the pay sites may be temporarily unavailable due to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
- Pay by Mail: You can mail a check or money order with your UGI account number.
- Pay by Phone: You can pay your bill on the phone with an automated phone system using a debit/credit card or your bank account.
You can learn more about each payment method here. If you need help understanding your bill, you can go here.
Does UGI Have Payment Plan Options?
UGI has several payment plan options for different customers. Here are three payment programs they currently offer.
- Fixed Income Due Date Extension Program: If you’re on a fixed retirement income, you can get due date extensions and have more time to pay your monthly bills. You can avoid late payment charges, and can opt for third-party notifications to remind you of your bill. You can learn more here.
- Budget Billing Program: You can avoid seasonal gas bill fluctuations with Budget Billing. You will have to pay the same amount throughout the year for your monthly bill. The average bill is calculated using your historical gas usage, weather forecasts, and potential price changes. You can learn more about it here.
- Assistance Programs: There are several payment assistance programs and plans for customers with a low income. You can apply for the Customer Assistance Program (CAP), Low Income Usage Reduction Program (LIURP), Customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Services (CARES), Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and the Operation Share Energy Fund. You can learn more about each assistance program and plan here.
If you want to make a payment arrangement, you will have to call the customer service number.
How to Lower Your UGI Bill
All UGI residential and business customers can choose who supplies their gas. If they don’t choose any other supplier, they will receive a default plan from UGI Penn Natural Gas that’s authorized by the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission.
Customers can compare UGI’s Price to Compare with the rates and plans offered by other suppliers and make an informed decision. The authorized natural gas suppliers in UGI’s service areas are listed here.
Alternatively, you can use Arbor’s TrueRate Protection to check if you’re getting the best rate against the Price to Compare.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area with UGI Penn Natural Gas.
You can use the calculator to find out how much you’ll be saving with each supplier.
UGI Account Setup
To set up your UGI account, you need to register on the UGI Utilities website.
Follow these steps to set up your new account.
- Go to this link to start your customer registration.
- Enter your UGI account number, email address, and ZIP code to continue.
- On the User Registration page, enter a user ID and password, along with your information and security answers.
- Check the Terms and Conditions and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- You will receive an activation email on your registered email with the instructions for activating your account.
- After you click on the provided link, your account will be ready.
You can log in to your UGI account using your username. If you’re still having trouble, you can check out this video on how to create your UGI account.
What to Do if There’s a Gas Outage
If you’re facing a gas outage or gas emergency, you should report it immediately. You can find more information on UGI’s outage center here. You can check out the outage map to see what areas are facing outages at any time.
You can also call the outage number to report any gas problems. Check out recent press releases and webcasts by UGI to stay updated on any outage-related issues.
UGI Customer Service
UGI has several customer service options.
- You can go through the Contact Us page for general queries.
- To make an online account and billing inquiry, fill out this form.
- You can email UGI for several kinds of inquiries. You can find the emails here.
It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
UGI Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is the general contact information.
- Customer Service Number (Gas Emergencies and Payment Arrangements) – 1-800-276-2722
- For Bill Payment – 1-877-503-2956
- Mailing Address for Payments – UGI Utilities, Inc. P.O. Box 15503, Wilmington, DE 19886-5503
- Mailing Address – ATTN: DEPARTMENT NAME OR RECIPIENT’S FIRST AND LAST NAME, UGI UTILITIES, INC. P.O. Box 13009, Reading, PA 19612-3009
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.