TXU Energy: Compare Rates and Pricing Fast
TXU Energy is a retail electricity provider (REP) offering electricity plans to commercial and residential customers across Texas. A subsidiary of Vistra Energy, TXU Energy is the largest energy provider in Texas, with over two million Texan customers. The energy company also offers renewable energy plans, energy-efficiency options, and other electric products. Here’s everything you need to know about TXU Energy, along with their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
TXU Energy Service Areas
TXU Energy serves the people of Texas in the service area of five utility companies:
- Oncor Electric Delivery: Oncor’s service area includes Dallas, Waco, and Killeen and the surrounding areas.
- CenterPoint Energy: Texas CNP’s service territory consists of the Houston metropolitan area.
- Texas-New Mexico Power: TNMP provides energy services in parts of the Houston, Midland, and Dallas-Fort Worth areas.
- AEP Texas Central: Their service territory includes Laredo, McAllen, and Corpus Christi.
- AEP Texas North: AEP Texas North covers most of Northern Texas, including Abilene, Irving, and San Angelo, among other cities.
You can find all TXU energy plans in every utility company’s service area.
TXU Energy Plans and Rates
TXU Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are four types of energy plans all TXU Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Opting for fixed-rate plans lets you pay the same rate for electricity throughout your plan term; you can choose different plan terms ranging between 6-36 months. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: If you opt for variable plans, your monthly electricity rates will depend on the electricity market rates. Therefore, when demand is low, you will be paying a low rate, but when demand is high, you might end up with a higher monthly bill.
- Renewable Energy Plans: If you want to reduce your carbon footprint, you can opt for green energy plans that source energy from wind or solar power. Some plans have limited ‘solar days,’ while others are 100% renewable.
- Time of Use + Free Weekend Plans: Such plans let you get up to 48-hours of free electricity per week. You don’t need to make deposits or do any credit checks to opt for such plans.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
TXU Energy Plan Information
You can find most of your energy plan’s information on the energy provider’s website, but it’s best to read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). It contains additional information on each electricity plan, including the following:
- The price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Cancellation fees
- Early termination fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
You can switch your energy plan fairly quickly and easily. Keep in mind that your electricity bill also includes your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU charges (local utility company charges) include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why TXU Energy for Texas Electricity
TXU Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Time-of-use plans, free weekends, and free nights
- Smart thermostat upgrade
- Various energy services including the My Energy Dashboard, TXU iThermostat, TXU Energy Aid, and several Home Protection Plans
- Auto-Pay service
- Several payment assistance programs for your energy bill
- Referral rewards program
- Energy usage alerts
- Satisfaction guarantee with a 60-day trial
- Various online tools for energy-saving measures
- 24-hour customer service (especially during COVID-19)
You can make your TXU Energy MyAccount to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Texas Choice allows Texans to choose their energy company and plan. Each energy provider offers different plans at varying rates.
Some companies offer low rates, while others offer competitive rates with benefits and incentives, making it hard to choose the right plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
TXU Energy Reviews
You can view TXU Energy’s Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The company has been BBB accredited since 2007 and has an A+ rating.
However, most customer reviews rate the company 1/5. Many customers have complained about problems with TXU Energy’s service with issues in billing and payments. However, most customers praise TXU Energy rates as being one of the best when considering the benefits and incentives you receive with their plans.
TXU Energy Customer Service
There are several customer service options with TXU Energy.
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries.
- Send an email to TXU Energy using this online email form.
- You can follow TXU Energy on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to receive news and updates.
- Check out your payment options here.
- For additional support, go here.
- If you want to understand your energy bill better, go here.
- For power outages, contact your local utility company; you can find more information here.
It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
TXU Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- TXU Energy Customer Care – 1-800-818-6132
- To Sign Up – 1-855-750-0899
- For Business Customers – 1-888-399-5501
- Mailing Address – TXU Energy, PO Box 65764, Dallas, TX 75262-0764
- Mailing Address for Payments – TXU Energy PO Box 650700, Dallas, Texas 75265-0700
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.