Texas New Mexico Power Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
The Texas-New Mexico Power Company (TNMP) is a subsidiary of PNM Resources Inc., and one of the oldest energy companies in the United States. PNM Resources (NYSE: PNM) is an energy holding company headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It has two principal subsidiaries that work as one major company, including Texas-New Mexico Power and the Public Service Company of New Mexico. Together, they provide electric services to over 790,000 residential and business customers in New Mexico and Texas.
About Texas New Mexico Power
The PNM service area includes Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, and San Juan, among others. According to the CEO, Pat Vincent-Collawn, and the CFO, Don Tarry, annual reports show that TNMP accounts for 255,000 customers, while PNM accounts for 535,000 customers.
The company has several natural gas-powered power plants. However, they’re moving towards renewable energy.
Here’s how PNM’s payment system works, along with everything you need to know about their electric rates.
General Payment Information for PNM Users
Due to the regulatory and economic development updates, all regulated utilities in New Mexico and Texas are now deregulated by the gov. As a result, all PNM customers can now choose who supplies their electricity.
All customers in the TNMP and PNM service area have to purchase their electricity from a Retail Electric Provider (REP). Each REP has different rates and plans, and customers can choose the plan and rate that works best for them.
Here’s a complete list of the Retail Electric Providers and their rates.
If you want to learn more about the rates and tariffs associated with the delivery of electricity, you can do so here.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are six ways to pay your PNM bill. You can change your payment method at any time.
- Online: You can pay your PNM bill online using your credit or debit card. You can also pay using your checking or savings bank account.
- Automatic Payment: You can set up automatic payments so that your monthly bill is automatically deducted from your bank account.
- In-Person: You can pay your bill in-person at any Western Union or one of the walk-in payment centers. Keep in mind that some of the payment centers may be temporarily unavailable due to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
- Online Banking: You can use your bank’s online bill-pay services to pay your bill.
- Pay by Mail: You can mail a check, cash, or money order to the payment mail address.
- Pay by Phone: You can pay your bill by calling KUBRA EZ-PAY payment services. You can pay using your credit card, debit card, ATM card, or an electronic check ($2.00 fee).
You can find more information on ways to pay here. You can also get ongoing earnings guidance by calling the customer service number.
Does PNM Have Payment Plan Options?
PNM has several payment plan options for different customers. Here are four payment programs they currently offer.
- Request More Time to Pay: If you’re having trouble paying bills, you can request more time to pay. Payment extensions are usually granted in certain conditions. You can find more information here.
- Budget Billing: You can avoid seasonal fluctuations in the bill and get more predictable bills using Budget Billing. You’ll be making similar monthly payments throughout the year, and you can couple it with automatic payments to make it easier. You can learn more about it here.
- Payment Plans: You can get a payment plan if you’re having trouble making regular payments. You may be eligible for longer payment plans if you’re elderly, disabled, have low income, or are under any other special circumstances.
- Income-Qualified Assistance: You can apply for several payment assistance programs if you have a low income. These include LIHEAP (Low Income Homey Energy Assistance Program), PNM Good Neighbor Fund, Heating Season Shut-Off Protection, and Home Weatherization Assistance. You can apply for any of the programs to avoid disconnections and get with bill payments. You can learn more here.
You can learn more about payment plans and assistance programs here.
How to Lower Your PNM Bill
All Texas residents have to purchase their electricity from a certified Retail Electric Provider. If you don’t, you’ll receive service from a Provider of Last Resort (POLR) that’s chosen by the Public Utilities Commission of Texas (PUCT). However, the rates offered by POLR services are high.
Therefore, it’s best to opt for a REP and choose the best plan and rate for you.
Arbor’s TrueRate Protection is the easiest way to check if you’re getting the best rate against the POLR rate
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area with PNM. You can use the calculator to find out how much you’ll be saving with each supplier.
You can also save money and energy using PNM’s energy efficiency programs. You can get rebates and discounts for installing energy-efficient upgrades. You can also use the PNM Online Home Energy Analyzer to check whether you’re doing everything you can to save energy and lower your bill. You can learn more about it here.
PNM Account Setup
To set up your PNM account, you need to register on PNM’s website.
Follow these steps to set up your new account.
- You can start to register for a PNM account here.
- You will have to enter your PNM or TNMP account number to continue.
- After verification, you’ll have to enter all your information and details. Enter the default phone number, email address, and choose a password.
- After confirmation, you’ll receive an email, and your account will be set up.
You can log in to your PNM account using your email here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
If you’re facing a power outage or any other hazard, you should report it immediately. You can report outages online here by entering your ZIP code, type of connection, and the problem.
If you’re wondering what other areas are affected by outages, you can check out the power outage map. If you’re facing a more immediate threat or emergency, call 911 or the PNM customer service number.
PNM Customer Service
PNM has several customer service options.
- Use TNMP’s Contact Us page for general queries. Use PNM’s Contact Us page for making inquiries.
- You can make an online inquiry here.
- If you’re having billing disputes, you can go here.
- You can use PNM’s live chat option to talk to a representative online.
- You can contact PNM on their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- If you have a complaint, you can email PNM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can sign up for outage alerts here if you want to receive alerts via text, email, or phone.
It’s best to go through the extensive FAQs on PNM’s website before contacting a representative.
PNM Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- TNMP’s Customer Service – 1-888-866-7456
- PNM’s Customer Service (and for Power Outages) – 1-888-342-5766
- For Business Customers – 1-888-245-3659
- Bill Payment – 1-844-766-7968
- Mailing Address – PNM, Main Offices, Albuquerque, N.M., 87158
- Mailing Address for Payments – P.O. Box 27900, Albuquerque, NM 87125-7900
- Physical Address – 414 Silver Ave. SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.