Stream Energy Service Areas
Headquartered in Washington, D.C, Stream Energy provides electricity service in the service area of several major utility companies, including:
- Pepco: Their service area includes the DC metropolitan area and most of the Mid-Atlantic region..
- Potomac Edison: Their service areas include Maryland and West Virginia.
- Constellation Energy: Their service area includes the greater New York City area and the majority of New Jersey.
- Consolidated Edison: The ConEd service area includes all New York boroughs and a few New Jersey cities.
- Pacific Gas and Electric: The PG&E service area includes the majority of Georgia, up to the Oregon State Line.
- NRG Energy: The Houston-based company's coverage includes major Texas and Georgia cities.
- Reliant Energy: Their coverage areas include the majority of New Jersey and Texas.
You can find all Stream Energy plans for electric and natural gas customers in every covered state.
Stream Energy Plans and Rates
Stream Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are two types of energy plans all Stream Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans let you pay the same amount throughout your electric plan. The plan length can be for 6, 12, or 24-months. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: Such plans are dependent on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Stream Energy Energy Plan Information
While you can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website, it’s best to read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). It contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Early termination fees
- Cancellation fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
You can switch to different energy plans without any hassle. Other charges on your electricity bill include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges, as shown on energy bills, include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Stream Energy for California Electricity
Stream Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Competitive costs for new customers
- Affordable 2, 3, and 6-month plans
- Convenient debit/credit card and AutoPay facility through the MyStream account
- Environment-friendly Stream Green plans
- Extended support for customers moving to a new address
- You can make your Stream Energy account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
The Texas energy market is massive and has several electricity providers. Choosing any single energy provider depends on what energy plans and rates are available.
All electric providers offer various energy plans with different rates, and it can be hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Stream Energy Reviews
You can view Stream Energy's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating (year-end report) to get a better idea of their services. The company generally garners positive customer reviews due to the Stream energy rates and support-related peace of mind.
Generally, Stream Energy is considered one of the best Texas electricity options for residential customers, as well as small businesses. The company uses multi-level marketing as its prime sales tactic. For the consumer, this means that it offers competitive rates and pricing plans.
Stream Energy Customer Service
There are several Stream Energy customer service options.
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries.
- Email Stream Energy on email@example.com.
- Call your local utility company to report power outages.
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding supply during the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Stream Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Stream Energy Customer Care – 1-866-447-8732
- For Energy Emergencies: 1-866-447-8732
- Mailing Address – Stream P.O. Box 650261, Dallas, TX 75265-0261
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.