SFE Energy: Compare Rates and Prices Fast
SFE Energy Company is a Pennsylvania-based retail electricity and natural gas provider that supplies power in several states including New York, Illinois, Ohio, New Jersey, and Maryland. The energy company is one of the fastest-growing clean energy suppliers in the US national grid. Here’s everything you need to know about SFE Energy, their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
SFE Energy Service Areas
As a third party supplier, SFE Energy provides electric service in the service area of multiple utility companies, including:
- Commonwealth Edison (ComEd): The ComEd service area includes most of Illinois, specifically Chicago, Naperville, and Rockford.
- Metropolitan Edison (Met-Ed): The Met-Ed service areas include several Pennsylvania cities such as Montgomery, Berks, and Monroe.
- PPL Electric: They cover most of Central and Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Ameren Illinois: Their coverage includes Central and Southern Illinois.
You can find all SFE Energy plans for electric customers and customers in every covered state.
SFE Energy Plans and Rates
SFE Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans in all deregulated coverage states.
The following are two types of energy plans all SFE Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans let you pay the same amount throughout your electric plan. The plan length can be for 6, 12, or 24-months. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes on your utility bills at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: Such plans are dependent on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
SFE Energy Energy Plan Information
While you can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website, it’s best to read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). It contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Early termination fees
- Cancellation fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
You can switch to different energy plans without any hassle. Other charges on your electricity bill include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining solar panels and power lines, as well as handling power outages.
Why SFE Energy for Washington, DC Electricity
SFE Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Door to Door sales staff just a phone call away
- Affordable clean energy rates
- Increasingly competitive pricing
- Multiple convenient payment options
- Fixed-rate protection programs
- Climate conscious running model
You can make your SFE Energy account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
The countrywide energy market is massive and has several competitive electricity providers. Choosing any single energy provider depends on what energy plans and rates are available.
All electric companies offer various energy plans with different rates, and it can be hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden delivery fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
SFE Energy Reviews
You can view SFE Energy's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The company gets generally positive reviews from green energy consumers.
Generally, SFE Energy is considered a growing clean energy option for residential customers. The company has a positively reviewed door to door sales network that sends salespeople over at a single phone call, to answer inquiries and offer protection programs. There has been some criticism of the sales staff, with a few customers calling it a scam. However, it has mostly garnered positive reviews.
SFE Energy Customer Service
There are several SFE Energy customer service options.
- You can visit the SFE Energy Contact for general queries.
- Email SFE Energy (submit personal information) on this email address
- Call your local utility company to report power outages.
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding supply during the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative or sales associate.
SFE Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- SFE Energy Customer Care and Sales Representatives – 1-877-316-6344
- For Energy Emergencies: 1-877-434-4100
- Mailing Address – P.O. Box 967, Buffalo, NY 14240-0967
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.