General Payment Information for RGE Users
The current Price to Compare (default supply price) for RGE utilities is currently $0.464 per kWh for electric transmission and $0.247 per therm for natural gas supply. In case you choose one of the competitive energy suppliers in the area, you may receive better pricing offers, steady delivery, and high-quality service. However, there is no guarantee that you will save money on the total energy costs for electric and gas utilities, or experience an overall decrease in your applicable rates.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are four ways you can pay your RGE power bill.
- Online: You can make online payments through a credit card/checking account via a RGE online account. If you have opted into AutoPay, the payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account. You can also pay online as a guest profile.
- Pay by Phone: You can call RGE at 800-295-7323 to make payments directly through your bank account, or with a credit/debit card.
- In-Person: You can pay in-person at authorized bill payment agents and service centers in your area.
- Mail: You can mail your payment via money order or check (payable to RGE).
For more information on each payment method, click here.
Residential and commercial customers in the New York State service area can purchase a deregulated electricity and natural gas plan from one of the several energy companies in that region. Their selected suppliers will then work with RGE to maintain energy efficiency and prevent interruptions in energy service delivery.
Does the RGE Have Payment Plan Options?
RGE offers several ways to pay your utility bills. These include debit card payments, credit card payments, bank drafts, in-person payments, payments via mail, and phone payments.
Additionally, they provide two different payment options for each customer to choose from:
- Budget Billing – You can convert your variable billing into a fixed payment for a 12-month time period.
- Payment Assistance – You can choose from several assistance programs to help pay your bills. These include the Electric Assistance Program (EAP) and the federally granted Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP).
Furthermore, RGE hosts various financial assistance programs for individuals and families who are going through financial hardship, are on/use life support systems, or have outstanding dues that they are currently unable to pay. In addition to that, RGE offers various payment arrangements to customers, based on their usage type and yearly energy consumption.
How to Lower Your RGE Bill
Deregulated energy plans allow customers to choose from several rates from multiple competitive energy distributors and suppliers. Check the ‘Price to Compare’ — the default rate offered by RGE — and compare it with licensed electricity supplier prices.
Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection is the best way to ensure that you always pay the lowest rate against your current ‘Price to Compare.’
For example, RGE's current electricity Price to Compare is 4.64 cents per kilowatt-hour. Arbor scans the electricity utility markets for the best rates, and will generally find lower rates than your current supplier’s price.
When your term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case. Electricity payments can be complicated, that's why a lot of people trust Arbor to manage their electricity service, so they end up saving on their energy bills.
RGE Account Setup
To set up your online account, you need to register online on the Rochester Gas and Electric website.
Follow these steps to set up your account:
- Open the link in a safe browser and provide your billing account number (found at the top-right or your energy bill.
- Follow the prompts and provide all the required information.
- Verify the information and click on 'Register'.
After your account has been set up, you can choose to sign up for the paperless eBill and AutoPay, which lets you connect a bank account to your RGE account for automatic monthly payment deduction. You can maintain your account through the convenient RGE mobile app.
RGE Login Account
Once your RGE account is up and running, you can log in here.
In case you’re moving to a new residence, you can apply to transfer your service to the new address. To do that, simply apply to move the energy supply service to a new address on the RGE website, or by calling 800-743-2110.
To start, stop, and/or move your service to a new address, click here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
In case you experience a power outage or see a downed line, vacate the area immediately and call 1-800-743-1701. If you smell gas or see a damaged gas line, call 800-743-1702.
You can also contact emergency services if you have medical concerns pertaining to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic or special home safety needs regarding an outage.
RGE Customer Service
RGE Energy has several customer service options.
Use the Contact Us page to make general inquiries via an online form.
Call the dedicated emergency contact number (800-743-2110) for rapid emergency response.
The dedicated emergency hotline is the best way to alert the supplier in case you experience a power outage or see damaged electric/gas lines.
RGE Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information:
- RGE Energy Company – 800-743-2110.
- Mailing Address – For bill payments: RG&E, P.O. Box 847813, Boston, MA 02284-7813. For general inquiries: 89 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14649-0001.
To avoid any confusion, use your registered number when dialing any of the numbers above.