Reliant Energy: Compare Rates and Pricing
Reliant Energy Company is a retail energy provider (REP) based in Texas. The company provides electricity services to over 1.5 million Texans in cities including Houston, Dallas, and Corpus Christi. Here’s all you need to know about Reliant Energy, their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
Reliant Energy Service Areas
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Reliant Energy Retail Services, LLC provides electricity service in the coverage area of several major utility companies These include:
- AEP Texas: Their service area includes Northern and Central Texas, with some extended coverage in the West.
- Oncor Electric Delivery: They cover Western and Central Texas, including the Dallas Fort Worth metropolitan area, Killeen, and Wichita.
- Texas-New Mexico Power: They provide coverage to the Gulf Coast communities and Western Texas
- AEP Texas Central: Their service territory includes San Antonio, Austin, and Fort Worth.
- CenterPoint Energy: Their territories include the Houston metro area, Dallas, and Austin.
- NRG Energy: The company provides to all major Texas cities.
You can find all Reliant Energy plans for electricity customers throughout the State of Texas.
Reliant Energy Plans and Rates
Reliant Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans for home energy needs.
The following are two types of energy plans all Reliant Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans require that you pay a constant amount as long as your plan lasts. The length of the plan may be customized according to customer needs. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they minimize risk and provide cost certainty. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: These plans are based on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
- Green Energy Plans: Reliant offers a variety of renewable energy plans to environment-conscious Reliant customers in most territories. These plans feature mostly solar energy.
- Time-of-Use Plans: These plans are charged based on the specific time frame of electricity usage during the day.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Reliant Energy Energy Plan Information
You can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website. Additionally, it’s best to always read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL) which contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
- Cancellation fees
- Early termination fees
You can change energy plans without an extended application or processing time. Other charges on your electricity bill include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges, as shown on energy bills, include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Reliant Energy for Texas Electricity
Reliant Energy offers various incentives and features, including the following:
- Free Electricity courtesy of the Truly Free Weekends and Truly Free Nights offer
- Affordable fixed-rate plans
- Multiple payment options including credit card, AutoPay, and via checks
- Low per kWh cost on the Reliant Secure Advantage plan
- An overall reduction in electric bills due to affordable
- Easy service transfer when moving to a new address
- Free Google Nest Hub with select plans
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Texas has a massive energy market with multiple electricity providers. Signing up with any single energy provider depends on the available energy plans and rates.
A large number of electricity providers cause Texas electricity rates to vary significantly. Customers often find it difficult to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Reliant Energy Reviews
You can view Reliant Energy's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The company usually garners positive customer reviews due to the competitive Reliant energy rates and affordable Reliant Plans.
Customers have been shown to favor Reliant electricity over other Texas Electricity providers in cities with the highest coverage and support facilities. The company also offers home security systems on a monthly subscription.
Reliant Energy Customer Service
There are several Reliant Energy customer service options.
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries
- Email Reliant Energy here
- Call your local utility company to report power outages
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding hurricane relief support. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Reliant Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Reliant Energy Customer Care – 1-866-222-7100
- For commercial inquiries: 713-537-3000
- Mailing Address – Reliant, P.O. Box 3765, Houston, TX 77253-3765
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.