Pepco Bill Payment: Everything You Need To Know
The Potomac Electric Power Company (PEPCO) is an energy company that provides electric utility to over 10 million residential and business customers. A subsidiary of Exelon Corporation, Pepco is headquartered in Washington, DC, and serves the District of Columbia, as well as the greater Maryland service area. This article explains how the Pepco bill payment system works, as well as how to set up and manage your Pepco electric utility account.
General Payment Information for Pepco Users
The current Price to Compare (default supply price) for Pepco solutions is currently $0.703 per kWh for electric supply. In case you choose one of the competitive utility companies for Pepco transmission, you may receive better pricing offers, steady delivery, and high-quality service. However, there is no guarantee that you will save money on the total energy costs for electric utilities, experience an overall decrease in your energy bill, or receive any tax rebates.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are four ways you can pay your Pepco power bill.
- Online: You can make online payments through a credit card/checking account via a Pepco online account. If you have opted into AutoPay, the payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account. You can also pay online as a guest profile.
- Pay by Phone: You can call Pepco at 202-833-7500 to make payments directly through your bank account, or with a credit/debit card.
- In-Person: You can pay in-person at authorized bill payment locations and service centers in your area.
- Mail: You can mail your payment via money order or check (payable to Pepco).
For more information on each payment method, click here.
Residential customers and business owners in the New York State service areas can purchase a deregulated electric service plan from one of the several electric companies within the local energy infrastructure. Their selected suppliers will then work with Pepco Energy to maintain energy efficiency and prevent interruptions in energy service delivery.
Does the Pepco Have Payment Plan Options?
Pepco offers several ways to pay your utility bills. These include debit card payments, credit card payments, bank drafts, in-person payments, payments via mail, and phone payments.
Additionally, they provide two different payment options for each customer to choose from:
- Budget Billing – You can convert your variable monthly billing into 12 equal monthly payments, based on your annual energy usage.
- Payment Assistance – You can choose from several assistance programs to help pay your bills. These include the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and the Residential Aid Discount (RAD) program.
Furthermore, the company hosts a due date extension program for eligible customers who are unable to pay their current electricity bills or have previous outstanding payments. Extension periods are decided on a case-by-case basis and there is no late charge on payments.
How to Lower Your Pepco Bill
Deregulated energy plans allow customers to choose from several rates from multiple competitive energy distributors and suppliers. Check the ‘Price to Compare’ — the default rate offered by the Pepco — and compare it with licensed electricity supplier prices.
Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection is the best way to ensure that you always pay the lowest rate against your current ‘Price to Compare.’
For example, the company's current electricity Price to Compare is 7.03 cents per kilowatt-hour. Arbor scans the electricity utility markets for the best rates, and will generally find lower rates than your current supplier’s price.
When your term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case. Electricity payments can be complicated, that's why a lot of people trust Arbor to manage their electricity service, so they end up saving on their energy bills.
The Pepco Account Setup
To set up your online account, you need to register online on the ConEd.com website.
Follow these steps to set up your account:
- Open the link in a safe browser and provide your phone number, and the last four digits of your Social Security number or Business Tax ID (for business customers).
- Set a unique login ID and password for your new online account.
- Verify the information and click on 'Register'.
After your account has been set up, you can choose to sign up for the AutoPay, which lets you connect a bank account to your Pepco account for automatic monthly payment deduction. You can maintain your account through the convenient Pepco mobile app.
Pepco Login Account
Once your Pepco account is up and running, you can log in here.
In case you’re moving to a new residence, you can apply to transfer your service to the new address. To do that, simply apply to move the energy supply service to a new address on the Pepco website, or by calling 202-833-7500.
To start, stop and/or transfer your service to a new address, click here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
In case you experience a power outage or see a damaged electricity line, vacate the area immediately and call 1-877-737-2662. It is requested that you DO NOT attempt to repair or handle damaged power lines yourself.
You can also contact emergency services if you have medical concerns pertaining to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic or special home safety needs regarding an outage.
The Pepco Customer Service
Pepco has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact Us page to make general inquiries via an online form.
- Call the dedicated emergency contact number (1-877-737-2662) for rapid emergency response.
The emergency hotline is the best way to alert the power supplier in case you experience a power outage.
The Pepco Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information:
- Pepco – 202-833-7500.
- Mailing Address – For bill payments: Pepco PO Box 13608, Philadelphia PA 19101-3608. For general correspondence: Pepco PO Box 97274, Washington, DC 20090-7274.
To avoid any confusion, use the phone number registered with your Pepco billing account when dialing any of the numbers above.