About Oncor Electric
With over 139,000 miles of power lines, Oncor Electric serves over 10 million Texans in 400 communities and 98 counties. This includes cities such as Dallas, Fort Worth, Odessa, Midland, Waco, Tyler, and Killeen, among others.
Oncor Electric customers can choose from a variety of electricity plans offered by several competitive suppliers. While you can save on energy supply rates, the energy delivery rates remain the same.
Here’s how Oncor Electric’s payment system works and everything you need to know about Oncor electricity rates.
General Payment Information for Oncor Electric Delivery Users
The default electric supply price is dynamic and can change according to different retail electric providers.
You can choose from several electricity plans from providers such as Gexa Energy, Frontier Utilities (Frontier Max), TXU Energy (now Energy Future Holdings), TriEagle Energy, and Payless Power, among others. The simple rate is per kWh and there is a fixed plan length.
Here’s a complete list of the electric utility providers, plan names, plan lengths, and their rates in the Oncor service area.
Oncor Electric uses smart meters for every customer, which updates in real-time. You can check your meter readings online at any time, and you can report outages or other problems more quickly.
How to Pay Your Bill
You have to contact your retail energy supplier (REP) to pay your bill, not your utility company. However, all retail energy suppliers for Oncor Electric let you pay your bill using four different methods.
- Online: You can sign in on your REPs website and pay your bill online. Some of them have iPhone and Android apps to check and pay your bill. You can also set up AutoPay to make automatic payments every month using your bank account or credit/debit card.
- Pay by Phone: You can pay your bill on the phone by calling your REPs respective billing number.
- Pay by Mail: You can send your payment and bill stub through the mail.
- In-Person: You can also pay your bill at a payment location near you. Make sure you bring your statement along.
You can always visit your REPs website for more information on paying your bill.
Does Oncor Electric Have Payment Plan Options?
Oncor Electric doesn’t have any payment plan options, but they offer several programs to help Oncor customers save on their energy bills. These programs are available for both business and residential customers.
The following are the programs available for business customers.
- Basic Commercial: The Basic Commercial program provides incentives to businesses that implement qualified efficiency measures such as equipment and lighting upgrades.
- Commercial Customer Option: The Custom Option offers incentives to businesses that install approved efficiency measures such as lighting, cooling, and heating upgrades.
- Solar: This program provides incentives to businesses that install solar photovoltaic systems.
- Small Business: The Small Business program provides incentives to small businesses that implement efficient measures such as upgrading lighting and refrigeration equipment.
- Load Management: The Load Management programs offer incentives to businesses that work to offset on-peak demand with service providers.
To qualify for each program, your business should be in Oncor’s service territory. You can find more information here.
The following are the programs available for residential customers:
- Home Energy Efficiency: There are incentives for customers that implement energy-saving projects, such as cooling, heating, and insulation upgrades.
- Solar: The Residential Solar program provides incentives for customers who install photovoltaic systems in their homes in Oncor’s service area.
- Low-Income Weatherization: This program offers incentives for installing energy-saving improvements in qualifying homes.
- Retail Products: This program provides Oncor residential customers with discounts on energy-related products such as LED lights and smart thermostats.
To qualify for the programs, homes should have Oncor as their electric service provider and should be in Oncor’s service area. You can find more information here.
Keep in mind that you will have to contact your REP to become a part of any of these programs.
How to Lower Your Oncor Electric Power Bill
With deregulated electricity, Texans can choose from several retail electric providers (REP) that sell electricity. These REPs get electricity from their electric supplier.
Arbor helps you find the best REP rate among all options provided by Oncor Electric. You can compare each REP’s rates, plans, and incentives and make an informed decision.
You can use the calculator to find out how much you’ll save with each REP and Arbor’s TrueRate Protection.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
Whenever you face a power outage, you should immediately report it. You can report an outage and check its status here. You have to enter your phone number, ESI ID, or your meter ID along with your ZIP code.
If you want to see if your area or surrounding area has a power outage, you can check out the power outage map. The information on the map is updated every 10 minutes.
Oncor Electric Customer Service
Oncor Electric has several customer service options.
- You can chat with an Oncor agent online for general inquiries here.
- You can call the customer service number or email Oncor at email@example.com.
- You can check out the FAQs on Oncor’s website.
Oncor Electric Phone Number and Contact Info
Here’s the general contact information:
- Oncor Electric Customer Service – 1-888-313-6862
- Report Power Outages – 1-888-313-4747
- Media Inquiries – 1-877-426-1616
- Mailing Address – 1616 Woodall Rodgers Fwy, Dallas, TX, 75202
It’s best to call the numbers above using your registered phone numbers.