Oncor: Compare Rates and Pricing
Oncor Company is an electric utility provider based in Texas that was formerly known as TXU Energy. The company provides electricity supply services to multiple Texas cities, including Dallas, Fort Worth, Midland, Odessa, and Waco. Here’s all you need to know about Oncor, their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
Oncor Service Areas
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC. supplies electricity in the coverage area of several major electric utility transmission companies. These include:
- AEP Texas: The company covers all major Texas cities and counties, including Dallas, Houston, Austin, and Fort Worth.
- CenterPoint Energy: They cover the various metropolitan areas and major territories within Texas.
- Sharyland Utilities: The service territory of the public utility includes the majority of West, South, and Central Texas.
You can look through the Oncor default electricity delivery plans for Texas customers throughout the greater state area.
Oncor Plans and Rates
Oncor offers a wide range of electricity plans for residential and small business needs.
The following are two types of energy plans all 2020 Oncor customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans require that you pay a constant amount as long as your plan lasts. The length of the plan may be customized according to customer needs. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they minimize risk and provide cost certainty. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: These plans are based on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Oncor Plan Information
You can find detailed plan information on the website of the energy company. Additionally, it’s important to always read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). This contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
- Cancellation fees
- Early termination fees
You can convert to other energy plans without extended processing or application times. Misc. charges on your electricity bill can include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges, as shown on energy bills, include the cost of power generation, maintaining power lines, installing new transmission lines, and handling power outages.
Why Oncor for Texas Electricity
Oncor offers various incentives and features, including the following:
- Affordable default electric service rates
- Free energy efficiency measures and advice
- Several clean energy-based new projects throughout Texas
- Extensive storm damage repair efforts
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Texas has a massive energy market with multiple electricity delivery companies. Signing up with any single energy provider depends on the available energy plans and rates.
A large number of electricity providers cause electricity rates in Texas to vary significantly. Customers often find it difficult to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area, irrespective of the local electric generation company. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
You can view Oncor's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The company gets mostly positive or neutral reviews due to its stable service and wide coverage area.
Oncor has one of the biggest service networks in the United States, with coverage in almost all major Texas cities. The company has come under criticism for its lack of clean energy programs. However, Oncor is working to introduce energy generated from alternative sources in the near future.
Oncor Customer Service
There are several Oncor customer service options.
- You can call Oncor customer care for general inquiries
- Email Oncor here
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic situation and hurricane relief efforts.
Oncor Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Oncor Customer Care – 1-888-313-4747
- For Billing inquiries: 1-888-313-6862
- Mailing Address – Oncor Electric Delivery 1616 Woodall Rodgers Fwy. Dallas, TX, 75202.
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.