MC2: Compare Rates and Prices Fast
MC Squared Energy Services, LLC is an alternative retail electric supplier, with headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. The company name is based on the award-winning energy equivalence (special relativity) equation by Albert Einstein – a testament to providing unparalleled energy services in Illinois and Ohio. Here’s everything you need to know about MC2, along with their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
MC2 Service Areas
MC2 serves the people of Illinois and Ohio in the service area of three utility companies:
- Ameren Illinois: Ameren’s service area spans 43,700 square miles and covers three-quarters of the state, including southern and central Illinois.
- ComEd: The Commonwealth Edison service area covers 11,400 square miles in the Northern Illinois area, all the way from the Wisconsin and Indiana border to the Mississippi River and Pontiac.
- Duke Energy Ohio: The Duke Energy Ohio service area includes several communities in a 3,000 square mile area in southwest Ohio. Major cities in the service territory include Cincinnati, Georgetown, Williamsburg, Hamilton, Middletown, and Bethel.
You can find all MC2 energy plans in every utility company’s service area.
MC2 Plans and Rates
MC2 offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are four types of energy plans all MC2 customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Such plans allow you to pay the same rate throughout the term of your energy plan. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: Variable-rate plans allow you to pay the current monthly market rate for electricity. With a variable rate, you may save money when overall electricity demand is low, as prices would be lower. However, when demand is high, the rates will increase according to the amount of energy you use, and you will end up overpaying for electricity.
- Green Energy Plans: Energy plans that supply electricity generated through renewable means are called green energy plans. Renewable sources may include wind energy, solar power, hydropower, or biomass, among other sources.
- RECs: You can buy Renewable Energy Credits to reduce your overall carbon footprint. When you buy RECs, you’re helping support clean energy and the environment.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
MC2 Energy Plan Information
You can find all of the plan information on the energy company’s website; you should always read the fine print to learn more about the charges and any additional information you need to know about for the plan.
The information you should be looking for includes the following:
- The price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Cancellation or switching fees
- Early termination fees
- Sign-up fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
It’s relatively easy to switch to a different energy plan with MC2. Other charges on your MC2 bill would include utility charges. That consists of the charges from your local utility company and includes the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining the power network, and managing power outages.
Why MC2 for Illinois and Ohio Electricity
MC2 offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- 100% green energy backed by wind or solar generation services
- No sign-up fees
- No plan switching fees
- No early termination fees
- You receive free monthly reporting for your electric bill and energy usage
- There are no changes in the electricity billing process if you switch to MC2
- Summertime savings program
You can make an MC2 account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Energy deregulation in Ohio and Illinois allows all residents to choose from several retail electric suppliers. Each electric supplier provides different energy plans at various rates.
Some energy companies focus on offering the best rates, while others innovate and focus on providing incentives and benefits, making it hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
You can view MC2’s Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their energy services. MC Squared Energy Services has an A+ rating and has been accredited since 2011.
The company also has a five-star customer rating on BBB. Most people are satisfied with MC2’s energy services, praise their bill payment system, and their green energy approach. If there are any issues, the company’s customer service takes care of it quickly and swiftly.
MC2 Customer Service
There are several customer service options with MC2:
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries.
- Send an email to MC2 using this email address.
- You can follow MC2 on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn to receive news and updates.
- For power outages, contact your local utility company.
It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
MC2 Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information:
- MC2 Customer Care – 1-877-622-7697
- Fax Number – 1-877-281-1279
- Mailing Address – MC Squared Energy Services, LLC., 175 West Jackson Blvd., Suite 240, Chicago, IL 60604
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number