Liberty Utilities Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
Liberty Utilities and Liberty Power are subsidiaries of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp., a renewable energy and utility company. Liberty Utilities operates regulated water, natural gas, wastewater, and electric utility services, and provides gas, electric, and water service across the United States. Liberty Utilities provides service in several communities of Arizona, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New York, Oklahoma, and Texas.
General Payment Information for Liberty Utilities Users
Liberty Utilities company provides local utility management and public service to support several small communities, such as Avondale and Joplin.
All Liberty Utilities customers are free to choose who supplies their energy and water. As a regulated utility company, the Liberty Utilities rates reflect the cost to improve and maintain infrastructure, deliver energy, provide outages and emergency services and offer customer care.
Liberty Utilities provides reliable service in 14 states and hundreds of communities. Each community in each state has different rates, plans, and tariffs. While the company profile remains the same, each community is considered separate. As a result, you may see different rates for energy services in all states and communities due to the differences in regulations by the Public Service Commissions.
In all cases, you can choose who supplies your water, gas, or electric power. You can compare the rates and plans offered by energy supply companies in your service area with the Price to Compare.
You can go here and choose your state and community to get a better idea of the rates and tariffs.
How to Pay Your Bill
Since each community and state are separate, they may have additional methods of paying your water, gas, or electric bill. However, the following four payment methods can be used in all communities. You can change your payment method at any time.
- Online: You can make online payments using the BillMatrix-powered online payment system. You can pay using a debit/credit card or using your bank account. You can find the payment portal here.
- In-Person: You can pay your bills at any Wester Union, Liberty Utilities walk-in centers, or to at any authorized payment agents, such as K-Mart and Walmart locations. Keep in mind that some of the payment locations may be temporarily unavailable due to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
- Pay by Mail: You can mail a money order or check, along with the lower portion of your statement at your respective state’s mailing address.
- Pay by Phone: You can pay your bill on the phone using your credit/debit card or bank account.
Some states and communities let you set up AutoPay (SurePay), where your monthly bill is automatically paid through your bank account every month.
Does Liberty Utilities Have Payment Plan Options?
Each community and state has separate payment plans and payment assistance programs. However, you can find the following three programs in most states.
- Budget Billing: You can opt for Budget Billing to avoid seasonal spikes in pricing. You receive the same monthly bill throughout the year. The average bill depends on past usage, price changes, and weather forecasts.
- Payment Extensions and Arrangements: If you’re overdue with your bill, you can apply for a one-time extension. You can also set up payment arrangements to make it easier to pay your bill by making smaller payments throughout the month.
- Payment Assistance Programs: Different states and communities offer different payment assistance programs for low-income households. Programs such as LIHEAP and the Neighbor Helping Neighbor Fund are among the most common ones. Some communities also provide Overdue Bill Options, Special Protections, and Discount Rate programs.
You can call the customer service number of your community to learn more about each option and program.
How to Lower Your Liberty Utilities Bill
All Liberty Utilities customers can choose from several energy suppliers and find an energy plan that suits them. You may find different suppliers for different utilities, and that may get a little complicated.
To make your life easier, you can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection to check if you’re getting the best rates against the Price to Compare.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area with Liberty Utilities. When your term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case. Electricity payments can be complicated, that's why a lot of people trust Arbor to manage their electricity service, so they end up saving on their energy bills.
Liberty Utilities Account Setup
While Liberty Utilities doesn’t have an all-in-one account, you can sign up for Paperless Billing to receive your bills online. However, you’ll have to sign up for it in your community and state. The following steps are for making an account in any state. However, the registration window will be different depending on where you live.
- Go to the signup page for Paperless Billing after selecting your state and community. You can find it in the ‘My Account’ section, under billing.
- You’ll have to enter your full name, email address, username, password, and security questions (and company information if it’s a business account).
- After that, you’ll have to enter your Liberty Utilities account numbers and verify them.
- Read and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Your Paperless Billing account will be ready, and you’ll receive an email confirmation.
You can log in to your Paperless Billing account by clicking the ‘Log in’ button in the billing section.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
If you’re facing a power outage, natural gas emergency, or water issues, you should report it immediately. You should call the emergency and outages number of your community and state.
You can also learn more about what to do during outages and emergencies. If you’re facing a more immediate threat, such as downed power lines or if you smell gas, you should call 911.
Liberty Utilities Customer Service
Liberty Utilities has several customer support options.
- You can use the Contact Us page after selecting your state and community to make general inquiries.
- You can visit one of Liberty Utilities walk-in centers.
- You can get outage emergency services.
It’s best to check out the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Liberty Utilities Phone Number and Contact Info
Since Liberty Utilities operates separately in different communities and states, the contact information varies. To find the customer services and emergency phone numbers in your community, go here. Select your state and community, and you’ll find the customer service and emergency numbers on the top-right. You can go to the Contact Us page for a list of other contact information.
If you go to the billing section, you can find the phone number and mailing address for payments in your community.
It’s best to call those numbers with your registered phone number.