Just Energy: Compare Rates and Prices Fast
Just Energy is part of the Canada-based Just Energy Group Inc. (NYSE & TSX: JE), along with Amigo Energy, Hudson Energy, Tara Energy, Terrapass, and EdgePower, among others. They provide energy service (electricity and natural gas) in North America, primarily in the United States and Canada. Just Energy is a retail electricity provider that services residential and commercial customers in Texas, New York, and Massachusetts, among other states.
Just Energy Service Areas
Just Energy serves the people of Texas and other states in the service area of several utility companies:
- Oncor Electric Delivery: Oncor’s service territory includes Dallas, Waco, and Killeen and the surrounding areas.
- CenterPoint Energy: CenterPoint Energy provides service in the Houston metropolitan area.
- Their service area mainly covers the Houston metropolitan area.
- Texas-New Mexico Power: TNMP’s service area include some parts of the Houston, Midland, and Dallas-Fort Worth areas.
- AEP Texas: AEP Texas operates in different Texas areas under AEP Texas Central and AEP Texas North. AEP Texas Central provides electricity delivery services in Laredo, McAllen, and Corpus Christi. AEP Texas North’s service area includes most of Northern Texas, including cities like San Angelo and Abilene.
Other States: Just Energy also provides energy offers in parts of Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Illinois.
You can find most Just Energy electricity plans in each utility company’s service area.
Just Energy Plans and Rates
Just Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are four types of energy plans all Just Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans let you pay the same amount throughout your electric plan. The plan length can be for 6, 12, or 24-months. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: Such plans let you pay your monthly bill based on the current price of electricity. Therefore, you will be paying less when demand is low, but when demand is high, you might end up overpaying for electricity.
- No Deposit Plans: You can opt for a no-deposit plan to avoid making any deposit for your energy plan.
- Green Energy Plans: You can reduce your overall carbon footprint by opting for renewable energy plans; however, the electricity rates may be higher compared to traditional plans.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Just Energy Plan Information
You can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website; it’s best to read the fine print to better understand your plan. In Texas, you can read the energy plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL), it contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- The price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on your energy usage
- Cancellation fees
- Early termination fees
- Percentage of electricity sourced from renewable sources
Switching your electricity provider and energy plan is a simple task. Keep in mind that your energy bill also includes your utility company charges. The charges (TDU charge in Texas) cover the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and managing power outages.
Why Just Energy for Your Electricity
Just Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Various fixed and variable-rate plans with different plan lengths
- Incentives and perks, such as bill credit, and gift cards, among other things
- Prepaid electricity plans
- Free energy advisor services
- Low late fees
- Dedicated perks reward program
- Different options for various types of homes
- No deposit plan options
- Bill estimation tool
- Fully functioning mobile app
You can make your Just Energy account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Deregulated markets have several energy providers that offer various plans with competitive energy rates.
Some energy providers offer low rates, while others offer competitive rates with incentives and benefits, making it hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Just Energy Reviews
You can view Just Energy’s Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The company isn’t accredited yet and has an average customer rating of 1/5.
Furthermore, Just Energy has a 1.3 rating on Trustpilot, where most people have complained about their customer care and problems with perks program.
Just Energy Customer Service
There are several customer service options with Just Energy.
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries.
- Send an email to Just Energy using this email address.
- Follow Just Energy on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to receive news and updates.
- For online bill payment, go here.
- To report power outages, contact your local utility company.
It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Just Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Just Energy Customer Care – 1-866-283-3108
- Fax Number – 1-888-548-7690
- Mailing Address – 5251 Westheimer Rd Ste 1000, Houston, TX 77056-5414
- Mailing Address for Texas Payments – Just Energy, P.O. Box 650518 Dallas, TX 75265-0518
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.