Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp (NYSE: FE) that provides energy services to over 6 million customers and manages over 24,000 miles of power lines and transmission lines. JCP&L serves over 1.1 million customers in northern and central New Jersey. This includes Hunterdon, Mercer, Burlington, Essex, Middlesex, Warren, Monmouth, Passaic, Sussex, Somerset, Ocean, Union, and Morris county. Here’s how JCP&L’s electric utility payments work, along with everything you need to know about their electric rates.
General Payment Information for JCP&L Users
All JCP&L customers are free to choose who supplies their electricity. Due to the energy choice legislation, all customers can find competitive plans and rates on electricity.
According to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (BPU), you can compare the ‘Price to Compare’ with the rates provided by other suppliers.
Here are the current tariffs and rates for electricity supply by JCP&L. You can compare these rates with other suppliers’ plans and rates and make an informed decision.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are five ways to pay your JCP&L bill. You can change your payment method at any time.
- Online: You can sign in to your FirstEnergy account and pay your electric service bill online. You can either use your bank account or your credit/debit card to pay. However, paying with a card may incur additional fees.
- In-Person: You can pay your bill at authorized payment centers with cash, a check, or your debit/credit card. Keep in mind that due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), some of the payment centers may be temporarily closed.
- Pay by Mail: You can mail a check or money order to a payment center.
- By Phone: You can also make payments through your phone by calling the payment center, or you can use KUBRA EZ-PAY.
- eBill Electronic Billing: If you enroll in eBill, you will automatically receive notifications when your bill is ready. You can review it and pay it anywhere you want. You can even set up automatic payments where your bill will automatically be deducted from your bank account every month.
If you require any assistance with your bills, you can call JCP&L’s customer service number.
Does JCP&L Have Payment Plan Options?
JCP&L has several payment plan options for different customers. Here are four payment programs they currently offer.
- Payment Assistance Programs: There are plenty of payment assistance programs that can help you pay your bill. Some of these include the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), the Universal Service Fund Program (USF), and the Comfort Partners Program. You can find out more about these programs and others here.
- Equal Payment Plan: You can opt to make uniform bill payments throughout the year to avoid seasonal fluctuations. You can learn more about it here.
- Payment Arrangements: You can make payment arrangements that better suit your financial situation. You can come up with an affordable installment plan where you can make more short-term payments. You can learn more here.
- Extended Due Date: If you’re over 60-years old, receive a pension or Social Security check, or receive disability assistance, you can ask for extended due dates to avoid late fees.
You can learn more about the payment programs here.
How to Lower Your JCP&L Power Bill
You can compare the default supply rate offered by JCP&L by using it as the ‘Price to Compare.’ If you’re getting a better rate or plan with another supplier, you can opt for them. JCP&L will still deliver the energy, but the new supplier will supply it.
Arbor’s TrueRate Protection is the easiest way to check if you’re getting the best rate against the Price to Compare.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area with JCP&L.
You can use the calculator to find out how much you’ll be saving with each supplier.
JCP&L Account Setup
To set up your JCP&L account, you need to register on FirstEnergy’s website.
Follow these steps to set up your new account.
- Open the link in a safe browser and enter your JCP&L account number and your 5-digit ZIP code.
- Verify your service address by double-checking it.
- Enter your online information, including your full name, email address, username, password, and pin (you can use the last four numbers of your Social Security Number).
- Verify all the information and submit it.
- You will receive a confirmation email. After you click on the link, you’ll be redirected to your new online JCP&L account.
You can log in using your username here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
If you’re facing a power outage, you should immediately report it here. If you see downed wires in your service area, you should contact the linemen or the local police.
You can also view the outage map to see what areas are affected. You can report outages for severe weather, power center problems, or even substation issues.
If you want to see the status of an outage, you can check it here.
JCP&L Customer Service
JCP&L has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact Us page to make general inquiries.
- Follow JCP&L on Facebook to get the latest info.
- Text OUT to report an outage and STAT to get a status update to 544487. You will have to text REG to the same number to get started.
You can also send an online inquiry if you’re logged in.
JCP&L Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is the general contact information.
- JCP&L’s Customer Service (and Bill Payment) – 1-800-662-3115
- For Outages – 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877)
- Mailing Address – Jersey Central Power & Light, 300 Madison Ave, Morristown, NJ 07960
- Mailing Address for Payments – P.O. Box 3687 Akron, Ohio 44309-3687
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.