Inspire Energy: Compare Rates and Prices Fast
Inspire Energy Company is a Santa Monica-based retail electricity provider (REP) that provides renewable and clean energy via wind power in several 'green' states including New York, Philadelphia, and California. The power company is one of the top clean energy suppliers in the United States. Here’s everything you need to know about Inspire Energy, along with their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
Inspire Energy Service Areas
Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Inspire Energy provides conventional and clean power in the service area of multiple utility companies. Some of these include:
- Consolidated Edison of New York: Their service areas include the greater NYC region, Albany, and Rochester.
- AEP Ohio: Their service areas include Cleveland, Canton, and other major Ohio cities.
- Rockland Electric Company: Their service area includes the most of New York and several New Jersey such as Paterson and Newark.
- Delmarva Power: They cover various Delaware and Maryland cities including Queen Annes, Dorchester, and Kent.
You will find Inspire Energy plans for electric customers and in every covered state.
Inspire Energy Plans and Rates
Inspire Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are two types of energy plans all Inspire Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans let you pay the same amount throughout your electric plan. The plan length can be for 6, 12, or 24-months. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Unlimited Clean Energy Plan: This plan is unique to Inspire and works on a subscription model where customers pay a monthly rate for unlimited energy usage.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Inspire Energy Energy Plan Information
While you can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website, it’s best to read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). It contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Early termination fees
- Cancellation fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
You can switch to different energy plans without any hassle. Other charges on your electricity bill include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Inspire Energy for California Electricity
Inspire Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Low-cost green renewable energy plans
- Custom billing cycles
- Dedicated climate change commitment
- 100% clean energy
- Year and month plans
- Unlimited usage on monthly subscription
- 50% off for the first month
You can make your Inspire Energy account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
The East Coast energy market is massive and has several clean electricity providers. Choosing any single energy provider depends on what energy plans and rates are available.
All electric companies offer various energy plans with different rates, and it can be hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Inspire Energy Reviews
You can view Inspire Energy's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The company gets generally positive reviews from green energy consumers.
Generally, Inspire Energy is considered the best clean power option for residential customers. The company is one of the largest wind energy producers in the country, with the highest number of wind farms per capita. Inspire has been called the 'Netflix of Power Consumption' due to its subscription-based energy bills. It also holds several renewable energy certificates, due to its wide coverage.
Inspire Energy Customer Service
There are several Inspire Energy customer service options.
- You can call Inspire Customer Support for general queries.
- Email Inspire Energy (submit personal information) on this email address.
- Call your local utility company to report power outages.
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding supply during the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Inspire Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Inspire Energy Customer Care – 1-866-403-2620
- For Energy Emergencies: (866) 987-6642
- Mailing Address – P.O Box 30-S, 15th Street, Ste 1400, Philadelphia, PA 19102-4806
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.