General Payment Information for Illuminating Company Users
The current Price to Compare (default supply price) for Illuminating Company utilities is currently $0.543 per kWh for residential customers. In case you choose one of the competitive electric suppliers in the area, you may receive better pricing offers, steady delivery, and high-quality service. However, there is no guarantee that you will save money on the total energy costs for electric utilities, or experience an overall decrease in your electricity rates.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are four ways you can pay your Illuminating Company power bill.
- Online: You can make online payments through a credit card/checking account via an Illuminating Company online account. If you have opted into AutoPay, the payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account. You can also pay online as a guest profile.
- Pay by Phone: You can call Illuminating Company at 1-800-589-3101 to make payments directly through your bank account, or with a credit/debit card.
- In-Person: You can pay in-person at authorized bill payment locations and service centers in your area.
- Mail: You can mail your payment via money order or check (payable to The Illuminating Company).
For more information on each payment method, click here.
Residential customers and business owners in the Pennsylvania service areas can purchase a deregulated electric service plan from one of the several electric companies in that region. Their selected suppliers will then work with Illuminating Company to maintain energy efficiency and prevent interruptions in energy service delivery.
How to Lower Your Illuminating Company Bill
Deregulated energy plans allow customers to choose from several rates from multiple competitive energy distributors and suppliers. Check the ‘Price to Compare’ — the default rate offered by the Illuminating Company — and compare it with licensed electricity supplier prices.
Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection is the best way to ensure that you always pay the lowest rate against your current ‘Price to Compare.’
For example, the Illuminating Company's current electricity Price to Compare is 5.43 cents per kilowatt-hour. Arbor scans the electricity utility markets for the best rates, and will generally find lower rates than your current supplier’s price.
When your term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case. Electricity payments can be complicated, that's why a lot of people trust Arbor to manage their electricity service, so they end up saving on their energy bills.
The Illuminating Company Account Setup
To set up your online account, you need to register online on the Illuminating Company - FirstEnergy website.
Follow these steps to set up your account:
- Open the link in a safe browser and provide your billing account number and zip code.
- Set a User ID and password for your new online account.
- Verify the information and click on 'Register'.
After your account has been set up, you can choose to sign up for the paperless eBill and AutoPay, which lets you connect a bank account to your Illuminating Company account for automatic monthly payment deduction. You can maintain your account through the convenient Illuminating Company mobile app.
Illuminating Company Login Account
Once your Illuminating Company account is up and running, you can log in here.
In case you’re moving to a new residence, you can apply to transfer your service to the new address. To do that, simply apply to move the energy supply service to a new address on the Illuminating Company website, or by calling 1-800-589-3101.
To start, stop and/or transfer your service to a new address, click here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
In case you experience a power outage or see a downed line, vacate the area immediately and call 1-888-544-4877. It is requested that you DO NOT attempt to repair or handle downed power lines yourself.
You can also contact emergency services if you have medical concerns pertaining to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic or special home safety needs regarding an outage.
The Illuminating Company Customer Service
The Illuminating Company has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact Us page to make general inquiries via an online form.
- Call the dedicated emergency contact number (1-800-589-3101) for rapid emergency response.
The emergency hotline is the best way to alert the power supplier in case you experience a power outage or see damaged electric lines.
The Illuminating Company Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information:
- The Illuminating Company – 1-800-589-3101.
- Mailing Address – For bill payments: P.O. Box 3687 Akron, Ohio 44309-3687.
To avoid any confusion, use the phone number registered with your Illuminating Company billing account when dialing any of the numbers above.