Eversource New Hampshire (NH) Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
Eversource New Hampshire (formerly PSNH) is part of the Eversource Energy (previously known as Northeast Utilities) holding company. Eversource Energy is the largest electric utility and natural gas provider in the New England area, with over 3.6 million customers. Here’s how Eversource NH’s payment system works, along with everything you need to know about their electric rates.
General Payment Information for Eversource NH Users
Eversource NH used to be the Public Service of New Hampshire until it merged with other Eversource subsidiaries in the Granite State, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. Currently, Eversource Energy holds Eversource NH, Connecticut Light & Power, Western Massachusetts Electric, Yankee Gas, and NSTAR Electric & Gas.
According to the President of Transmission, Bill Quinlan, and President of NH operations, Joe Purington, Eversource NH operations are set to expand after the installation of new transmission systems and substations.
Eversource NH is an electric distribution company—they’re responsible for delivering your electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling outages. However, all business and residential customers are free to choose who supplies their electricity.
If you don’t choose an energy company, you will get the default supply plan from Eversource NH. The default plan is your ‘Price to Compare,’ and you can use it to compare supply rates and plans offered by other energy suppliers. You can learn more about choosing a supplier here.
The New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission regulates and approves the rates offered by Eversource NH. You can learn more about their rates and tariffs here. If you want to learn more about your bill and how it works (such as net metering), you can go here.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are six ways to pay your Eversource NH bill. You can change your payment method at any time.
- Online: You can pay your bill online using your Eversource user ID. You can pay using a credit/debit card or your bank account. You can also make a one-time online payment if you don’t have an Eversource account.
- AutoPay: You can set up auto payments to automate your monthly bill payment. You can learn more here.
- In-Person: You can pay your bill in person at any of the authorized payment locations in Eversource NH’s service area. You can find participating locations near your location here. Keep in mind that some of the locations may be temporarily unavailable due to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
- Pay by Mail: You can mail a check or money order via U.S. mail.
- Pay by Phone: You can pay over the phone via the automated phone line using your bank account.
- Pay by Text: You can also check your balance and pay your bill via text. You can learn more about it here.
You can compare your bill payment options here.
Does Eversource NH Have Payment Plan Options?
Eversource NH has several payment plan options for different customers.
Here are five payment programs they currently offer:
- Payment Plan: If you’ve missed any payments or have a past due balance, you can pay off your balance over time with no interest and no money down. You can learn more about it here.
- Budget Billing Plan: You can manage your budget and avoid seasonal spikes in your bill using the Budget Billing Plan. You’ll be paying a fixed amount each month throughout the year. The average monthly amount depends on your electric usage history, weather forecasts, and potential prices. You can learn more about it here.
- Electric Assistance: You can apply for income-based discounts on your monthly bill with the New Hampshire Electric Assistance Programs (EAP). You can learn more here.
- Neighbor Helping Neighbor: If you’re not eligible for federally funded assistance programs, you can apply for the Neighbor Helping Neighbor program. You can learn more here.
- Community Action Programs: You can find additional assistance and apply for community programs here.
You can learn more about Eversource NH’s payment programs here.
How to Lower Your Eversource NH Bill
All Eversource NH customers can choose from several electric suppliers. You can compare the plans and rates offered by different suppliers with the Price to Compare and make an informed decision. You can find more electric supplier information here.
To make your life easier, you can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to check if you’re getting the best rate against the Price to Compare.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area with Eversource NH. When your term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case. Electricity payments can be complicated, that's why a lot of people trust Arbor to manage their electricity service, so they end up saving on their energy bills.
You can also lower your bill by opting for energy efficiency programs or for alternatives, such as solar energy and electric vehicles. You can learn more about it here.
Eversource NH Account Setup
To set up your Eversource NH account, you need to register on Eversource NH’s website.
Follow these steps to set up your new account.
- Go to this link to start the registration process.
- Enter your full name, email address, and phone number.
- Create a unique user ID and password.
- Check and tick the Terms and Conditions and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your credentials shortly.
You can log in using your user ID here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
If there’s a power outage in your area, you should immediately report it here. You can report an outage with your phone number, Eversource NH account number, or your online ID.
If you’re wondering what other areas are affected by power outages, you can check out the outage map. It’s also advisable to go through the outage safety measures here.
Eversource NH Customer Service
Eversource NH has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact page to make general inquiries.
- Send an email directly to Eversource NH using the online form.
- You can upload necessary documents using the secure document upload portal here.
- You can set up outage alerts here.
It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Eversource NH Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is the general contact information.
- Eversource NH Residential Customer Service (and for power outages) – 800-662-7764
- TTY/TDD Hearing Impaired – 800-346-9994
- Business Customer Service – 866-554-6025
- Bill Payment – 888-729-7764
- Mailing Address – Eversource, PO Box 330, Manchester, NH 03105-0330
- Mailing Address for Electric Payments – Eversource, P.O. Box 56003, Boston, MA 02205-6003
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.