Eversource Energy Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
Eversource Energy, previously known as Northeast Utilities (the ticker symbol is now, NYSE: ES), is a holding company of several subsidiaries. These include Connecticut Light and Power (CL&P), NSTAR Gas, NSTAR Electric, Western Massachusetts Electric Company (WMECo), Public Service Company of New Hampshire (PSNH), and the Yankee Gas Services Company (Yankee Gas).
About Eversource Energy
In total, Eversource Energy serves over 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut. According to a press release from the Chief Executive Officer, they’re one of biggest electric utility and natural gas distribution companies in the New England area, and also one of the biggest in the United States.
Recently, Eversource Energy acquired Columbia Gas of Massachusetts from NiSource as part of its expansion into Eastern Massachusetts.
Here’s how Eversource Energy’s payment system works, along with everything you need to know about the company’s rates.
General Payment Information for Eversource Energy Users
Eversource Energy is an electric distribution company that’s responsible for energy delivery. However, customers are free to choose who supplies that energy.
According to the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities, the energy supply rate from Eversource Energy is the ‘Price to Compare.’ The Price to Compare includes electric transmission and supply charges. Customers can compare this rate with the rates provided by other suppliers. You can then choose the electric company that offers you the best rate or energy plan.
You can get a summary of electric rates approved by the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities here.
If you want to learn more about Eversource Energy’s rates and tariffs, you can go here.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are six ways to pay your Eversource Energy bill. You can change your payment method at any time.
- Online: You can sign in with your Eversource user ID and password online and pay your bill. You can use your bank account, or you can use a debit/credit card. You can also make a one-time payment.
- Auto Pay: You can set up auto payments, so your monthly bill is automatically deducted from your bank account.
- Pay by Phone: You can make a payment on-call using your bank account; the automated phone line is available 24/7.
- In-Person: You can pay your bill at an authorized participating location in the service territory. However, keep in mind that due to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), some locations may be temporarily unavailable.
- Pay by Mail: You can send a check or money order via US mail.
- By Mobile: You can also check your balances and pay your bill using text messages. Here’s how to do it.
You can learn more about the payment methods here. You can also call the customer service number for more information.
Does Eversource Energy Have Payment Plan Options?
Eversource Energy has several payment plan options for different customers. Here are seven payment programs they currently offer.
- Payment Plan: If you’ve missed any payments or have a past due balance, you can pay it off over time with no added interest. You can learn more about it here.
- Budget Billing: You can manage your budget and avoid seasonal spikes with budget billing. You will have to pay a fixed rate each month that’s calculated off your average annual usage. You can learn more about it here.
- New Start: With this program, you can eliminate portions of overdue balances if you make timely monthly payments. You can learn more here.
- Discount Rate: You may receive a discount on your monthly energy bill. You can view the details and check if you qualify here.
- Fuel Assistance: You can get assistance with your utility bills if your gross income is at or below 60-percent of the state median income. You can learn more about it here.
- Good Neighbor Energy Fund: You can apply for the Salvation Army’s Good Neighbor Energy Fund if you don’t qualify for federal assistance programs. You can learn more here.
- Energy Efficiency: You can get free or reduced-priced weatherization and energy efficiency measures. This can include clean energy methods, energy-saving equipment, and smart energy consumption systems, among other things. You can learn more here.
You can learn more about Eversource Energy’s payment programs here.
How to Lower Your Eversource Energy Power Bill
All Eversource Energy customers are free to choose their electric supplier. You can learn more about selecting electric suppliers here.
To make it easy, you can use Arbor’s TrueRate Protection; it’s the easiest way to check if you’re getting the best rate against the Price to Compare.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area with Eversource Energy.
You can use the calculator to find how much you’ll be saving with each supplier.
Eversource Energy Account Setup
To set up your Eversource Energy account, you need to register on Eversource Energy’s website.
Follow these steps to set up your new account.
- Go to this link and start filling out each field.
- Enter your personal information, such as your full name, email address, and your mobile number.
- Enter a unique user ID and password, and make sure the password meets the criteria.
- Check the Terms and Conditions and click on ‘Register.’
- You will receive your credentials in your email.
You can log in using your user ID here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
If you’re facing a power outage in your area, you should report it here immediately. You can do so using your phone number, account number, or by logging in with your online ID. You can also sign up for outage alerts here.
If you’re wondering what service areas are affected by power outages, you can check out the outage map. It’s also best to familiarize yourself with outage safety measures.
Eversource Energy Customer Service
Eversource Energy has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact page to make general inquiries.
- You can upload a document securely to avoid mailing it from here.
- You can set up outage alerts from here.
It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Eversource Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is the general contact information.
- Eversource Energy Residential Customer Service (Electric) – 800-286-2000
- Residential Customer Service (Gas) – 800-989-0900
- Business Customer Service (Electric) – 888-783-6617
- Business Customer Service (Gas) – 888-688-7267
- Bill Payment – 888-783-6618
- Mailing Address – Eversource, 107 Selden Street, Berlin CT 06037
- Mailing Address for Electric Payments – Eversource, P.O. Box 56002, Boston MA 02205-6002
- Mailing Address for Gas Payments – Eversource, P.O. Box 56004, Boston MA 02205-6004
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.