Entrust Energy: Compare Rates and Prices Fast
Entrust Energy is an electricity and natural gas provider in the United States that serves both commercial and residential customers. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, the company is an electricity provider in seven states, including Texas, Pennsylvania, and New York, among others. Here’s everything you need to know about Entrust Energy, along with their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
Entrust Energy Service Areas
Entrust Energy serves the people of seven states in the service area of multiple utility companies:
- Texas: You can find Entrust Energy plans in Houston, Dallas, McKinney, and other regions in the service areas of Oncor Electric Delivery, CenterPoint Energy, AEP Texas Central, AEP Texas North, and Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP).
- Illinois: In Illinois, you can find Entrust Energy plans in the service territory of ComEd (Commonwealth Edison).
- Ohio: Ohio utility companies include AEP Ohio, Dayton Power & Light, and Duke Energy.
- New York: New York utilities includes NYSEG, ConEd, Orange & Rockland, Rochester Gas and Electric, and NiMo (National Grid).
- New Jersey: You can find Entrust Energy plans in New Jersey if your local utility company is Jersey Central Power & Light (JCPL).
- Maryland: Maryland utilities include Potomac Electric Power Company (PEPCO) and Baltimore Gas & Electric (BGE).
- Pennsylvania: Pennsylvanian utilities include PECO and PPL Electric Utilities.
You can find most Entrust Energy plans in every utility company’s service area.
Entrust Energy Plans and Rates
Entrust Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are three types of energy plans all Entrust Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans allow customers to pay the same electricity rates throughout their plan term. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: If you opt for a variable plan, your monthly electric bill rate will depend on the current price of electricity. Therefore, when electricity demand is low, you’ll get low rates, but when demand is high, you may end up overpaying for electricity.
- Renewable Energy Plans: You can also choose green energy plans if you want to reduce your carbon footprint. Renewable energy plans can be entirely or partly sourced from renewable sources.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Entrust Energy Plan Information
You can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website; however, it’s best to read the fine print to learn more about your plan. In Texas, you can read the Electricity Facts Label (EFL) to get additional information on each plan, including the following.
- The price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on overall energy usage
- Cancellation fees
- Early termination fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
You can change your energy service relatively quickly, and changing your electricity plans is much easier. Furthermore, keep in mind that your energy bill will also include your local utility company charges. The delivery charges (TDU charges in Texas) consist of the cost of delivering electricity, managing power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Entrust Energy for Your Electricity
Entrust Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Various fixed and variable-rate plans with competitive rates
- Multiple bill pay options, including credit card payment, in-person payment at locations like Walmart, and more
- Multiple payment plan options like extended due dates, customizable billing cycles, business day plans, and various energy offers
- Fully automated customer care service
- Quick and transparent service
- Referral program (Refer-a-friend)
- Perks for military personnel and veterans
You can make your Entrust Energy account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Energy deregulation allows customers to choose their energy provider and energy plan. Each electric company offers different plans with different rates and incentives.
Some companies offer low rates, while others offer competitive rates with perks, incentives, and benefits, such as bill credits, making it hard to choose a plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Entrust Energy Reviews
You can view Entrust Energy’s Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of the electricity company’s energy service. The company has yet to be BBB accredited and rated.
Most customer reviews put the rating on 2/5. Many people have complained about problems with Entrust Energy’s service, especially related to monthly bill payments. However, Entrust Energy has a good reputation for resolving customer issues quickly.
Entrust Energy Customer Service
There are several customer service options with Entrust Energy.
- You can visit the Contact page for general queries.
- Send an email to Entrust Energy using this email address.
- You can follow Entrust Energy on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to receive news and updates.
- To learn about your bill payment options, go here.
- For power outages, call your local utility company.
It’s best to go through the help tools here before contacting a representative.
Entrust Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Entrust Energy Customer Care – 1-800-871-8100
- To Sign Up – 1-888-807-2037
- Corporate Address – Fulbright Tower 1301 McKinney St #2950 Houston, TX 77010
- Mailing Address – Entrust Energy, P.O. Box 52100, Houston, TX 77052
- Mailing Address for Payments – Entrust Energy, P.O. Box 731396, Dallas, TX 75373-1396
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.