Eligo Energy: Compare Rates and Pricing
Eligo Energy, LLC is an Illinois-based retail electricity provider (REP) that has provided electricity to customers in six states since 2012. The company was started by Mark Friedgan and Alex Goldstein as one of the first tech-forward retail energy suppliers in the United States energy industry. Here’s everything you need to know about Eligo Energy, along with their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
Eligo Energy Service Areas
Eligo Energy serves the people of Illinois in the service area of two utility companies:
- Commonwealth Edison (ComEd): The ComEd service area includes Chicago and most of Northern Illinois.
- Ameren Illinois: Their service area includes the Alton and Springfield regions.
You can find all Eligo Energy plans in every utility company’s service area.
Eligo Energy Plans and Rates
Eligo Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are five types of energy plans all Eligo Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans let you pay the same amount throughout your electric plan. The plan length can be for 6, 12, or 24-months. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: Such plans are dependent on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
- Custom-Rate Plans: These plans are designed according to the customer's estimated usage and contract length. The overall cost depends on the aforementioned factors.
- Green Energy Plans: You can opt for green energy plans that supply electricity generated from renewable sources. Renewable energy is generated through wind and solar sources.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Eligo Energy Energy Plan Information
While you can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website, it’s best to read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). It contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Early termination fees
- Cancellation fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
You can switch to different energy plans without any hassle. Other charges on your electricity bill include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Eligo Energy for Illinois Electricity
Eligo Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Custom-rate payment plans
- Innovative solutions for Eligo partners
- Chicago's leading electricity supplier
- Highest technology integration in the industry
- Excellent customer reviews
- Lowest comparative rates
- Green energy in the majority of Illinois service areas
- Up to 20% savings on electricity bills
You can make your Eligo Energy account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
The Illinois energy market is massive and has several electricity providers. Choosing any single energy provider depends on what energy plans and rates are available.
All electric companies offer various energy plans with different rates, and it can be hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Eligo Energy Reviews
You can view Eligo Energy's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The company partners with preferred brokers to secure its position as the leading retail electricity supplier in the region.
Generally, Eligo Energy is considered the best option for new customers, and the right choice of an energy supplier partner for businesses. The company generally gets a smaller number of complaints due to its fundamental changes to technology applications in the power sector.
Eligo Energy Customer Service
There are several Eligo Energy customer service options.
- You can visit the Contact page for general queries.
- Email Eligo Energy on this email address.
- Follow Eligo Energy on Facebook and Twitter to receive news and updates.
- Call your local utility company to report power outages.
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding supply during the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Eligo Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Eligo Energy Customer Care – (888) 901-3887
- To Sign Up – (888) 744-8125
- Mailing Address – Eligo Energy 201 W Lake St #151, Chicago, IL 60606
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.