Dominion Energy: Compare Rates and Pricing
Dominion Energy Company is an energy provider based in Virginia. The company provides electricity and natural gas distribution services to several regions, including North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, and a few areas in Utah. Here’s all you need to know about Dominion Energy, their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
Dominion Energy Service Areas
Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Dominion Energy Inc. provides electricity supply in the coverage area of several major electric utility and natural gas transmission companies. These include:
- A&N Electric Cooperative: Their coverage includes the Northampton and Accomack counties in Virginia.
- Appalachian Power: They cover all of West Virginia and parts of Tennessee.
- Old Dominion Electric Cooperative: They cover most of Virginia, as well as parts of Maryland and Delaware.
You can look through the Dominion Energy default electricity delivery plans for customers throughout the State of Virginia, as well as North and South Carolina.
Dominion Energy Plans and Rates
Dominion Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans for residential and small business needs.
The following are two types of energy plans all 2020 Dominion Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans require that you pay a constant amount as long as your plan lasts. The length of the plan may be customized according to customer needs. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they minimize risk and provide cost certainty. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: These plans are based on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
Furthermore, Dominion is looking to add green energy plans to its list of services.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Dominion Energy Plan Information
You can find detailed plan information on the website of the energy company. Additionally, it’s important to always read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). This contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
- Cancellation fees
- Early termination fees
You can convert to other energy plans without extended processing or application times. Misc. charges on your electricity bill can include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges, as shown on energy bills, include the cost of power generation, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Dominion Energy for Virginia Electricity
Dominion Energy offers various incentives and features, including the following:
- Efficient and uninterrupted supply with zero fluctuations
- Cheaper rates than most of the competition
- Large service area with coverage even in remote regions in Virginia
- Affordable clean energy plans in the future
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Virginia has a massive energy market with multiple electricity suppliers. Signing up with any single energy provider depends on the available energy plans and rates.
A large number of electricity providers cause electricity rates in Virginia to vary significantly. Customers often find it difficult to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area, irrespective of the local electric generation company. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Dominion Energy Reviews
You can view Dominion Energy's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The company usually garners positive customer reviews due to the competitive Dominion energy rates and affordable Dominion Plans. These rates were improved by the merger with Scana Corporation.
Dominion operates the largest natural gas storage systems in the United States, at 975 billion cubic feet. The company announced its plan to sell natural gas storage assets to Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway. The around $10 billion gas assets deal was moderately well received. Additionally, the company announced the Atlantic Coast Pipeline (natural gas pipeline) project in collaboration with Duke Energy. This was panned by customers and independent bodies and was eventually canceled after several Supreme Court trials.
Dominion Energy Customer Service
There are several Dominion Energy customer service options.
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries
- Email Dominion Energy here
- Report outages or emergencies here
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic situation. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Dominion Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Dominion Energy Customer Care – 866-366-4357
- For Billing inquiries: 1-888-216-3718
- Mailing Address – Dominion, P.O. Box 26785 Richmond, VA 23261-6785.
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.