Discount Power Service Areas
Discount Power serves the people of Texas in the service area of four utility companies:
- Oncor Electric Delivery: Oncor’s delivers electricity in Dallas, Waco, and Killeen and the surrounding areas.
- CenterPoint Energy: CenterPoint Energy mostly provides electric delivery services in the Houston metropolitan area.
- Texas-New Mexico Power: TNMP’s service area includes several parts of the Houston, Brazoria County, Midland, and Dallas-Fort Worth areas.
- AEP Texas: AEP Texas is divided into AEP Texas Central and AEP Texas North. AEP Texas Central provides services in Laredo, McAllen, and Corpus Christi, while AEP Texas North covers most of Northern Texas, including cities like Abilene and San Angelo.
You can find all Discount Power energy plans in every utility company’s service area.
Discount Power Plans and Rates
Discount Power offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are four types of energy plans all Discount Power customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans such as the Wise Buy let you pay the same rate throughout your contract term. You can choose between 12, 24, and 36-month plans. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: Such plans let you take advantage of great prices when demand is low. However, when demand is high, you might end up overpaying for electricity.
- Renewable Energy Plans: You can opt for green energy plans if you want to reduce your overall carbon footprint.
- Incentivized Plans: You can opt for incentivized plans that offer various benefits for lower kWh usages.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Discount Power Energy Plan Information
You can find most Discount Power plan information on the energy company’s website; however, it’s best to read each plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). It contains relevant additional information on each plan, including the following:
- The price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on your energy usage
- Early termination fees
- Cancellation fees
- Percentage of power sourced from renewable sources
Switching to a different electricity company or plan is an easy task. You can check out other charges on your electric bill, such as the TDSP or TDU charges. Your TDU (utility company) charges include the cost of electric delivery, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Discount Power for Texas Electricity
Discount Power offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- A variety of fixed and variable-rate year plans with competitive rates
- Incentives for new customers
- Autopay bill pay services using bank accounts or debit/credit cards
- Due date extensions
- Low late fees
- Multiple saver options
- Smooth transfer of service
- Excellent customer care
You can make your Discount Power account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
The Texas electricity market has several retail electric providers (REPs), offering varying electricity rates.
Some energy companies offer low rates, while others offer competitive rates with incentives and benefits, making it hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Discount Power Reviews
You can view Discount Power’s Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of the company. The electric provider has been accredited since 2014 and has an A+ rating.
However, customer reviews give the company a rating of 1.5/5. Most negative reviews complain about mistakes in billing, while others complain about bad user experiences; for example, it’s the customer’s responsibility to know when their plan has expired.
Discount Power Customer Service
There are several customer service options with Discount Power.
- You can visit the Customer Care page for general queries.
- You can find payment assistance options (primarily due to COVID-19) here.
- Send an email to Discount Power using this email address.
- You can use the online chat option to talk to a customer representative.
- For power outages, you should contact your local utility company.
It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Discount Power Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Discount Power Customer Care – 1-877-455-4674
- Fax Number – 1-877-619-0161
- Mailing Address – P.O. Box 2229, Houston, TX 77252-2229
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.