Constellation Energy: Compare Rates and Prices Fast
Constellation NewEnergy Inc. is an energy supplier (electricity and natural gas supplier) based in Baltimore, Maryland; it’s a subsidiary of the Exelon Corporation; the Exelon Company is a Fortune 100 energy company, and one of the largest in the United States. Constellation Energy provides electricity, natural gas, and solar power to residential customers, small business customers, and two-thirds of Fortune 100 enterprises.
Constellation Energy Service Areas
Constellation Energy serves the people of eleven states in the service area of several utility companies.
- Texas: Constellation Energy is an electricity provider in the service areas of all five utility companies in Texas, including AEP Texas North, AEP Texas Central, Oncor Electric Delivery, CenterPoint Energy, and Texas-New Mexico Power (TNMP).
- Illinois: You can find Constellation Energy plans in the service area of both Ameren Illinois and ComEd (Commonwealth Edison).
- Connecticut: Connecticut utility companies include Eversource Energy, Connecticut Light & Power Co, and FuelCell Energy, among others.
- Delaware: Utility companies in Delaware include Delmarva Power, Chesapeake Utilities, and Delaware Electric Cooperative.
- Massachusetts: Utility companies in Massachusetts include Eversource Energy, National Grid, and Unitil.
- Maryland: Constellation electric plans can be found in the service areas of Baltimore Gas & Electric (BGE), Delmarva Power, Potomac Edison Company, and Potomac Electric Power Company (PEPCO).
- New Jersey: Utility companies in New Jersey include Jersey Central Power & Light, Atlantic City Electric, Rockland Electric, and Public Service Electric & Gas.
- New York: New York utilities include ConEd, NYSEG, Central Hudson, Orange and Rockland, and Rochester Gas and Electric company.
- Ohio: Ohio utilities include AEP Ohio, Duke Energy, Dayton Power & Light, Ohio Edison, Toledo Edison, and The Illuminating Company.
- Pennsylvania: Pennsylvanian utilities include Penn Power, West Penn Power, Met-Ed, PPL Electric Utilities, PECO, Duquesne Light Company, UGI Utilities, Pike County Light & Power Company, and Penelec.
- Washington DC: Utility companies in Washington DC include PEPCO, DC Gas & Electric, and Teco Energy.
You can find all Constellation Energy plans in every utility company’s service area.
Constellation Energy Plans and Rates
Constellation Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are five types of energy plans all Constellation Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate electricity plans let you pay the same price for electricity throughout your contract period. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: Available only in Texas, variable-rate plans let you pay the current price for electricity. Therefore, you may be paying a low rate when demand is low, but you’ll be overpaying for electricity if demand is high enough.
- Renewable Energy Plans: Green energy plans provide electricity generated from renewable sources, reducing your overall carbon footprint. Renewable electricity plans source power from wind power plants.
- Solar Electricity Plans: You can opt for solar electricity plans in some states where Constellation Energy partners with Sunrun – you can get fixed rates or flexible payment options.
- Home Services: Constellation Energy offers a range of energy efficiency home products and energy solutions in Texas, Maryland, and Atlanta. You can bundle these energy options with an energy plan for discounts.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Constellation Energy Plan Information
You can find most of the plan information on the energy provider’s website; however, it’s best to read the fine print to better understand your plan. In Texas, you can read the Electricity Facts Label (EFL) and find additional information, including the following:
- The price per kilowatt-hour (kWh)
- Cancellation fees
- Early termination fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
Your energy bill includes both supply and delivery charges. The Public Utility Commission in each state regulates your local utility company’s delivery charges. Every regulated utility charges you for the cost of delivering electricity, managing power lines, and handling power outages, among other things.
Why Constellation Energy for Your Electricity
Constellation Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Several fixed and variable-rate plans tailored to customers
- 100% renewable electricity plans
- Solar electricity plans with installation, monitoring, and maintenance included
- Home services where you can install energy-efficient upgrades in your home, while also saving on energy
- Quick plan switching for zero service interruptions
- Fast and straightforward sign-up process
- All-encompassing customer care service
- Referral programs (Refer a Friend)
- You can be part of the Community Champions program
- Multiple payment options
You can make your Constellation Energy account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Energy Choice has allowed people to choose from several energy providers that offer different energy plans with varying energy rates.
Some energy suppliers offer low rates, while others offer competitive rates with benefits and incentives, making it hard to single out any plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Constellation Energy Reviews
You can view Constellation Energy’s Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to find out more about their service quality. The company has been BBB accredited since 2013 and has an A+ rating.
Most Constellation reviews have a 1/5 rating on average. Most people complain about billing and connection issues; however, considering Constellation Energy provides service in eleven states, most complaints come from Maryland and Texas.
Constellation Energy Customer Service
There are several customer service options with Constellation Energy.
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries.
- You can use the Live Chat feature to chat with a customer care representative.
- Contact and follow Constellation Energy on their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- For power outages, contact your local utility company.
You can use the search bar if you want to search for something specific.
Constellation Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Constellation Energy Customer Care (and Bill Payment) – 1-855-465-1244
- For Texas Customers – 1-866-917-8271
- For Bill Payment in Texas – 1-833-221-6654
- For Business Customers – 1-844-636-3749
- Home Services – 1-844-823-4653
Mailing Address for Payments – Constellation, P.O. Box 5471, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5471