Con Edison Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
Con Edison is an energy company that provides electricity and natural gas utility over 3.3 million New Yorkers. A subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. Con Edison is headquartered in New York City, New York, and serves several NY service areas including Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, West Side, and Westchester County. With the largest number of substations in NY, the company leads several energy infrastructure projects in the area. This article explains how the Con Edison bill payment system works, as well as how to set up and manage your Con Edison NYC electric utility account.
General Payment Information for Con Edison Users
The current Price to Compare (default supply price) for Con Edison solutions is currently $0.629 per kWh for electric supply (100% renewable energy) and $0.929 per therm for gas supply. In case you choose one of the competitive utility companies for Con Edison transmission, you may receive better pricing offers, steady delivery, and high-quality service. However, there is no guarantee that you will save money on the total energy costs for electric utilities, or experience an overall decrease in your energy bill.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are four ways you can pay your Con Edison power bill.
- Online: You can make online payments through a credit card/checking account via a Con Edison online account. If you have opted into AutoPay, the payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account. You can also pay online as a guest profile.
- Pay by Phone: You can call Con Edison at 1-888-925-5016 to make payments directly through your bank account, or with a credit/debit card.
- In-Person: You can pay in-person at authorized bill payment locations and walk-in centers in your area.
- Mail: You can mail your payment via money order or check (payable to Con Edison).
For more information on each payment method, click here.
Residential customers and business owners in the New York State service areas can purchase a deregulated electric service plan from one of the several electric companies within the local energy infrastructure. Their selected suppliers will then work with Con Edison Energy to maintain energy efficiency and prevent interruptions in energy service delivery.
Does the Con Edison Have Payment Plan Options?
Con Edison offers several ways to pay your utility bills. These include debit card payments, credit card payments, bank drafts, in-person payments, payments via mail, and phone payments.
Additionally, they provide two different payment options for each customer to choose from:
- Level Payment Plan – You can convert your variable billing into an even monthly payment based on your annual energy usage.
- Payment Assistance – You can choose from several assistance programs to help pay your bills. These include the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), and the Safety Net Assistance (SNA) program.
Furthermore, the company hosts various low-income discounts for customers undergoing financial hardship. Qualifying customers automatically sign up for the level payment plan when declared eligible for the low-income discounts.
How to Lower Your Con Edison Bill
Deregulated energy plans allow customers to choose from several rates from multiple competitive energy distributors and suppliers. Check the ‘Price to Compare’ — the default rate offered by the Con Edison — and compare it with licensed electricity supplier prices.
Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection is the best way to ensure that you always pay the lowest rate against your current ‘Price to Compare.’
For example, the company's current electricity Price to Compare is 6.29 cents per kilowatt-hour. Arbor scans the electricity utility markets for the best rates, and will generally find lower rates than your current supplier’s price.
When your term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case. Electricity payments can be complicated, that's why a lot of people trust Arbor to manage their electricity service, so they end up saving on their energy bills.
The Con Edison Account Setup
To set up your online account, you need to register online on the ConEd.com website.
Follow these steps to set up your account:
- Open the link in a safe browser and provide your first and last name, and email address.
- Set a unique password for your new online account.
- Verify the information and click on 'Register'.
After your account has been set up, you can choose to sign up for the AutoPay, which lets you connect a bank account to your Con Edison account for automatic monthly payment deduction. You can maintain your account through the convenient Con Edison mobile app.
Con Edison Login Account
Once your Con Edison account is up and running, you can log in here.
In case you’re moving to a new residence, you can apply to transfer your service to the new address. To do that, simply apply to move the energy supply service to a new address on the Con Edison website, or by calling 1-800-752-6633.
To start, stop and/or transfer your service to a new address, click here.
What to Do if There’s a Power Outage
In case you experience a power outage or see a damaged electricity/gas line, vacate the area immediately and call 1-800-752-6633. It is requested that you DO NOT attempt to repair or handle damaged power lines yourself.
You can also contact emergency services if you have medical concerns pertaining to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic or special home safety needs regarding an outage.
The Con Edison Customer Service
Con Edison has several customer service options.
- Use the Contact Us page to make general inquiries via an online form.
- Call the dedicated emergency contact number (1-800-752-6633) for rapid emergency response.
The emergency hotline is the best way to alert the power supplier in case you experience a power outage.
The Con Edison Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information:
- Con Edison – 1-800-752-6633.
- Mailing Address – For bill payments: Con Edison, JAF Station P.O. Box 1702, New York, NY 10116-1702. For general correspondence: Con Edison, Cooper Station P.O. Box 138, New York, NY 10276-0138.
To avoid any confusion, use the phone number registered with your Con Edison billing account when dialing any of the numbers above.