Columbia Gas of Ohio Bill Payment: Everything You Need to Know
Columbia Gas of Ohio, Inc. is one of the seven energy distribution companies of NiSource Inc. NiSource (NYSE: NI) is one of the largest natural gas utility and electric utility providers in the United States, with over 4 million customers.
About Columbia Gas of Ohio
According to Dan Creekmur, President of Columbia Gas of Ohio, the company has more than 1.4 million customers, including small business owners, homeowners, and even industrial customers. It’s the second-largest natural gas service in Ohio. In total, the company serves 61 counties in central Ohio and some major cities, including Columbus, Springfield, Parma, Toledo, Cincinnati, and Mansfield.
Here’s how Columbia Gas of Ohio’s payment system works, as well as, everything you need to know about their gas rates.
General Payment Information for Columbia Gas of Ohio Users
Columbia Gas customers are free to choose who supplies their gas. As a result, each gas supplier has different gas rates and plans, so customers can select the ones that suit them best.
You should compare the Standard Choice Offer of Columbia Gas of Ohio with the rates of other suppliers and choose the one best suited for you. If your choice has any effect on your gas bill, it will be reflected in your next bill. If you feel like there’s an issue, you can always contact Columbia Gas of Ohio.
If you want to learn more about your choice of gas supplier, you can go here.
How to Pay Your Bill
There are six ways to pay your Columbia Gas of Ohio bill. You can change your payment method at any time.
- Online: After your online account is up and running, you will have to enter your bank account number and routing number to make online payments.
- Pay Online Using Other Methods: You can also pay online using your debit card, credit card, PayPal, or even Amazon Pay. If you use a card, there will be a convenience fee of $1.75.
- AutoPay: When you set up AutoPay, your monthly gas bill will automatically be deducted from your savings or checking account.
- In-Person: You can pay your bill at an authorized payment location using cash or your debit/credit card. However, keep in mind that some of the payment locations may be temporarily unavailable due to recent events/the pandemic (COVID-19).
- Pay by Mail: You can send a check or money order by mail to the company’s P.O. box. Make sure you include your account number on the check or money order.
- Pay by Phone: You can call the customer service number to make a payment on-call.
If you’re having trouble paying your bill, you can apply for one of the assistance programs.
Does Columbia Gas of Ohio Have Payment Plan Options?
Columbia Gas of Ohio has several payment plan options for different customers. Here are four payment programs they currently offer.
- Medical Certifications: Service shut-off can be delayed by up to 30-days if a licensed medical professional submits a form stating that shutting off your service can be hazardous to any resident’s health.
- Budget Plan: This plan lets you pay the same amount for the gas bill each month. That amount is calculated using your annual usage numbers, the weather, and projected costs. You can learn more here.
- Payment Arrangements: If you’re having trouble paying your bill, you can set up payment arrangements that suit you. Call the customer service number to learn more.
- Income-Eligible Payment Assistance Programs: You may be eligible for federal, state, or local income-eligible payment assistance programs. These include WarmChoice, PIPP Plus, HeatShare, HEAP, the Winter Crisis Program, and the Columbia Fuel Fund. You can learn more here.
- Gift of Energy: You can help make a payment for a friend, loved one, or even your neighbor.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: You can sign up for one of several energy efficiency programs. You can ask for a home energy audit where you’ll receive customized advice on how to save energy. You can also get rebates for installing weatherization and smart-usage upgrades such as smart thermostats.
You can learn more about energy efficiency programs here.
How to Lower Your Columbia Gas of Ohio Bill
All Columbia Gas customers are free to choose who supplies their gas. You can choose a gas utility company that gives you the best price and plan.
You can use Arbor’s TrueRate Protection to check if you’re getting the best rate against the Standard Choice Offer.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area with Columbia Gas of Ohio.
You can use the calculator to find out how much you’ll be saving with each supplier.
Columbia Gas of Ohio Account Setup
To set up your Columbia Gas of Ohio account, you need to register on Columbia Gas of Ohio’s website.
Follow these steps to set up your new account:
- Go to this link to start creating your account.
- Enter your Columbia Gas of Ohio account number or your registered phone number and confirm it.
- Enter all your details, including your full name, email address, date of birth, contact information, and your Social Security Number (SSN).
- Verify all the information and confirm your account.
You can log in using your email here.
What to Do if There’s a Gas Outage
If you’re facing a gas outage or gas emergency, you should report it immediately. You can find more information here.
If you feel like there is a problem with gas lines, call the customer service number or 911 immediately.
Columbia Gas of Ohio Customer Service
Columbia Gas of Ohio has several customer service options.
- You can go through the help center for general queries.
- You can go through the FAQs.
- Use the Contact Us page to contact representatives.
- Send an email using the online form to ask any questions.
- If you want to send a document, you can upload it here.
- You can follow them on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube for updates. You can find the handles here.
It’s best to find an answer in the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Columbia Gas of Ohio Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is the general contact information.
- Customer Service Number (Gas Emergencies, Bill Payment, and Payment Arrangements) – 1-800-344-4077
- For Hearing/Speech Impaired – 1-800-750-0750
- Mailing Address for Payments – Columbia Gas of Ohio, P.O. Box 4629, Carol Stream, IL 60197-4629
- Mailing Address – Columbia Gas of Ohio, P.O. Box 2318, Columbus, OH 43216-2318
- Mailing Address for Bankruptcy Notices – Columbia Gas of Ohio, Revenue Recovery, P.O. Box 117, Columbus, OH 43216
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.