Cirro Energy: Compare Rates and Pricing
Cirro Energy Company is a Texas-based retail energy provider (REP). The company provides electricity services to several major Texas cities including Houston, Dallas, Plano, and Corpus Christi. Here’s all you need to know about Cirro Energy, their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
Cirro Energy Service Areas
Headquartered in Richardson, Texas, Cirro Energy Services is a part of parent company NRG energy and provides electricity service in the coverage area of several major electric providers. These include:
- Oncor Electric Delivery: They cover Western and Central Texas, including the Dallas Fort Worth metropolitan area, Killeen, and Wichita.
- Green Mountain Energy: Their service areas include the South and East of Texas and most high-population cities.
- TXU Energy: Their service territories include Corpus Christi, Dallas, and Houston.
- NRG Energy: The electricity company provides to all major Texas cities and most metropolitan areas.
- Reliant Energy: The electric company has extensive coverage in all Texas counties and cities.
- CenterPoint Energy: Their territories include the Houston metro area, Dallas, and Austin.
You can find all Cirro Energy plans for electricity customers throughout the State of Texas.
Cirro Energy Plans and Rates
Cirro Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans for home energy needs.
The following are two types of energy plans all Cirro Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans require that you pay the same amount for the total duration of the plan. Companies usually offer a 6, 9, or 12-month plan at fixed rates. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they minimize risk and provide cost certainty. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: These plans are based on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Cirro Energy Energy Plan Information
You can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website. Additionally, it’s best to always read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL) which contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
- Cancellation fees
- Early termination fees
You can change energy plans without an extended application or processing time. Other charges on your electricity bill include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges, as shown on energy bills, include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Cirro Energy for Texas Electricity
Cirro Energy offers various incentives and features, including the following:
- Great offers for new customers and referrals
- Affordable fixed-rate plans
- Multiple payment options including credit card, AutoPay, and via checks
- Lower rates than local competitors
- An overall reduction in electric bills through affordable long-term plans
- Low monthly bills on an average billing basis
- Simple, no-hassle payments via credit card (Visa or Mastercard) and phone call (check transfer)
- Lowest 24-month plan cost (per kWh) among US retailers through the Smart Lock program
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
Texas has an energy market full of major electricity providers. Signing up with any single energy provider depends on the available energy plans and rates.
A large number of electricity providers cause Texas electricity rates to vary significantly. Customers often find it difficult to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Cirro Energy Reviews
You can view Cirro Energy's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The company has mostly positive customer reviews due to affordable Cirro energy rates and competitively-priced plans.
The majority of the positive reviews for the company are directed at the long-term plans which feature very low costs based on total usage. The Smart Lock program has proven very popular with new customers as well.
Cirro Energy Customer Service
There are several Cirro Energy customer service options.
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries
- Email Cirro Energy here
- Call your local utility company to report power outages
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding hurricane relief support. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Cirro Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Cirro Energy Customer Care – 1-800-692-4776
- For Payments and Account Details: My Cirro
- Mailing Address – Cirro, P.O. Box 2745 Dallas Pkwy Ste 200, Plano, TX 75093
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.