Champion Energy: Compare Rates and Pricing
Champion Energy Company is a Houston, Texas-based retail electric provider (REP) that has provided electricity and natural gas services in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, California, Texas, Ohio, and Illinois. Here’s everything you need to know about Champion Energy, along with their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
Champion Energy Service Areas
Champion Energy provides electricity service in the service area of several major utility companies, including:
- Calpine (formerly Reliant Energy): Their coverage area includes several major California cities.
- CenterPoint Energy: Their coverage includes states such as Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma.
- Oncor Electric: Their coverage includes the entirety of Texas, including cities such as Dallas, Houston, and Arlington.
You can find all Champion Energy plans for electric customers in every covered state.
Champion Energy Plans and Rates
Champion Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are two types of energy plans all Champion Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed price plans let you pay the same amount throughout your electric plan. The plan length can be for 6, 12, or 24-months. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: Such plans are dependent on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Champion Energy Energy Plan Information
While you can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website, it’s best to read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). It contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Early termination fees
- Cancellation fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
You can switch to different energy plans without any hassle. Other charges on your electricity bill include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges, as shown on monthly bills, include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Champion Energy for California Electricity
Champion Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Great rates for new customers
- Affordable monthly plans
- Free weekends and free nights
- Discount promo codes for a referral to a friend
- Weekly usage reports (thermostats, light bulbs, etc.) via Smart Track
- Convenient bill credit facilities
- Environment-friendly green energy plans
- Energy savings plans such as Champ Saver
- Positive scores in customer satisfaction studies
You can make your Champion Energy account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
The Texas energy market is massive and has several electricity providers. Choosing any single energy provider depends on what energy plans and rates are available.
All electric providers in the United States offer various energy plans with different rates, and it can be hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for competitive rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Champion Energy Reviews
You can view Champion Energy's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating to get a better idea of their services. The retail electric service has garnered residential customer satisfaction due to Champion energy rates.
Generally, Champion Energy is considered one of the best Texas electricity options for residential and industrial customers. Overall, the company has positive reviews for its rates and extended support for customers.
Champion Energy Customer Service
There are several Champion Energy customer service options.
- You can visit the Contact Us page for general queries.
- Email Champion Energy at this email address.
- Call your local utility company to report power outages.
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding supply during the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Champion Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Website: www.championenergyservices.com
- Champion Energy Customer Care – 1 (877) 653-5090
- Mailing Address – 1500 Rankin Rd #200, Houston, TX 77073
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.