Calpine Energy Solutions Service Areas
Headquartered in San Diego and Houston, Calpine Energy Solutions operates in the service area of three utility companies:
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company: The PG&E service area includes Central and Northern California
- Southern California Edison: The SCE service area includes the general SoCal region and Catalina Island.
- San Diego Gas and Electric: Their service area includes the Greater San Diego metropolitan area.
- Champion Energy: Their service area includes Los Angeles and most of Central California.
You can find all Calpine Energy Solutions plans in every unregulated state, including Texas, New York, Oregon, and more.
Calpine Energy Solutions Plans and Rates
Calpine Solutions offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are five types of energy plans all Calpine Energy Solutions customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans let you pay the same amount throughout your electric plan. The plan length can be for 6, 12, or 24-months. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they provide price certainty and minimize risk. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: Such plans are dependent on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
- Indexed-Rate Plans: These plans are priced according to the value of a related variable, such as a publicly-traded index. Indexed-rate plans are complex and very variable. Customers are recommended to carefully read the terms of such a plan before signing up for it.
- Green Energy Plans: You can opt for green energy plans that supply electricity generated from renewable sources. Renewable energy is generated through wind and solar sources.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Calpine Energy Solutions Energy Plan Information
While you can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website, it’s best to read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL). It contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Early termination fees
- Cancellation fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
You can switch to different energy plans without any hassle. Other charges on your electricity bill include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Calpine Energy Solutions for California Electricity
Calpine Energy Solutions offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Lower costs than local competitors
- Strict environmental regulation
- A majority of power generation in a highly responsible manner
- Intermittent renewables use
- Low-carbon power generation
- Flexible fleet uses
- Viable even in competitive power markets
- Distribution and monitoring via advanced technologies
- One of America's largest generators
You can make your Calpine Energy Solutions account to manage your plans online.
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
The Illinois energy market is massive and has several electricity providers. Choosing any single energy provider depends on what energy plans and rates are available.
All electric companies offer various energy plans with different rates, and it can be hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Calpine Energy Solutions Reviews
You can view Calpine Energy Solutions's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating (annual report) to get a better idea of their services. The company partners with preferred brokers to secure its position as the leading retail electricity supplier in the region.
Generally, Calpine Energy Solutions is considered the best option for new and existing new customers, as well as retail businesses. The company collaborates with Energy Capital Partners and Noble Americas Energy Solutions, LLC to build more sustainable power plants, increase the overall megawatts of generation capacity, as well as develop more risk management and wholesale power operations.
Calpine Energy Solutions Customer Service
There are several Calpine Energy Solutions customer service options.
- You can visit the Contact page for general queries.
- Email Calpine Energy Solutions on this email address.
- Call your local utility company to report power outages.
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding supply during the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Calpine Energy Solutions Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Calpine Energy Solutions Customer Care – 877-273-6772
- For Energy Emergencies: 888-896-8640
- Mailing Address – Calpine Energy Solutions 401 West A Street, Suite 500, San Diego, CA 92101
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.