Ambit Energy: Compare Rates and Pricing
Ambit Energy Company is a Dallas, Texas-based retail energy provider (REP) that provides electricity and natural gas services in Texas, Connecticut, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, and Washington, D.C. Here’s all you need to know about Ambit Energy, their rates, energy plans, and pricing.
Ambit Energy Service Areas
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Ambit Energy provides electricity service in the service area of several major utility companies, including:
- AEP Texas: Their service area includes most of Central and Northern Texas, including Dallas, Plano, and Houston.
- Constellation Energy: Their service area includes most of New Jersey and the greater New York City.
- Bozrah Light and Power: They cover most major cities in Connecticut.
- Eversource Energy: Their coverage includes the majority of Northern and Central New Hampshire.
- Delmarva Power: Their network includes Millsboro, Dover, and other major Delaware cities.
- Reliant Energy: Their coverage areas include most of Texas and several major New York cities and counties.
You can find all Ambit Energy plans for electric and natural gas customers in every covered state.
Ambit Energy Plans and Rates
Ambit Energy offers a wide range of electricity plans.
The following are two types of energy plans all Ambit Energy customers can choose from:
- Fixed-Rate Plans: Fixed-rate plans let you pay the same amount throughout your electric plan. The plan length can be for 6, 12, or 24-months. We recommend fixed-rate plans because they minimize risk and provide price certainty. But be careful: when your term expires, your rate becomes variable and can go up without notice. Arbor automatically keeps you on the best fixed-rate plan, so you don’t have to worry about rate hikes at the end of your term.
- Variable-Rate Plans: These plans are dependent on the retail energy market prices and can vary daily or monthly. Variable-rate plans are not as stable as fixed-rate plans and can prove expensive in the long term.
- Green Energy Plans: Ambit offers a variety of green energy plans to Ambit customers in all coverage areas. These plans feature renewable energy which is better for the environment. However, the plans are usually more expensive.
Some plans may ask you for a deposit. However, plans available through Arbor never require a deposit.
Ambit Energy Energy Plan Information
You can find most of the plan information on the energy company’s website. However, it’s best to always read the plan’s Electricity Facts Label (EFL) which contains additional information on each plan, including the following:
- Price per kilowatt-hour (kWh) depending on energy usage
- Early termination fees
- Cancellation fees
- Percentage of renewable energy sourcing
You can switch to different energy plans without any hassle. Other charges on your electricity bill include your local TDSP or TDU charges. TDU (utility company) charges, as shown on energy bills, include the cost of delivering electricity, maintaining power lines, and handling power outages.
Why Ambit Energy for Texas Electricity
Ambit Energy offers various features and incentives, including the following:
- Free energy program incentives for referrals
- Competitive rates for new customers
- Widespread hurricane relief efforts
- Special featured plans for customers in Texas
- Independent consultant program via Ambit Business
Find the Best Electricity Rates with Arbor
The Texas energy market is massive and has several electricity providers. Choosing any single energy provider depends on what energy plans and rates are available.
All electric providers offer various energy plans with different rates, and it can be hard to choose any single plan. You can search and try to shop for rates yourself, but watch out for the fine print, hidden fees, and escalating rates once your term ends.
You can use Arbor’s free TrueRate Protection service to automatically find and switch to the best electricity rates in your area.
Arbor scans the market and gives you the best rates you can get in your service area. When your contract term is expiring, Arbor finds the best rate and switches you again. You always pay the best rate and never have to worry about overpaying for electricity ever again.
You can also use the free savings calculator to find out how much you could save in each case.
Ambit Energy Reviews
You can view Ambit Energy's Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating (year-end report) to get a better idea of their services. The company has an A+ rating on the site due to its competitive energy rates and wide service area.
Generally, Ambit Energy is considered one of the best electricity options for residential and business customers in Texas and other covered states. The company has one of the best green energy plans in the United States. These plans extend to several states and offer relatively affordable pricing in coverage areas.
Ambit Energy Customer Service
There are several Ambit Energy customer service options.
- You can visit the Contact Ambit page for general queries.
- Email Ambit Energy on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call your local utility company to report power outages.
You can also contact the customer service hotline for information regarding hurricane relief support. It’s best to go through the FAQs before contacting a representative.
Ambit Energy Phone Number and Contact Info
Here is some general contact information.
- Ambit Energy Customer Care – (877) 282-6248
- For commercial inquiries: (877) 455-7575
- Mailing Address – P.O. Box 864589, Plano, TX 75086
It’s best to call these numbers with your registered phone number.